Requisition ID: 8633170911
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Director, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/
for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This individual will provide scientific leadership for the discovery of novel therapeutics for Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) and will report to Senior Director IBD Research in the Immunology Discovery Department. The Director will lead scientific and drug development projects while managing a team of biologists in target validation, profiling and advancing compounds. This role will also identify and manage collaborations with academic and industry partners to discover novel biology and advance projects relevant to IBD. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work independently, manage and mentor scientists doing cutting edge research, design experiments, interpret data, troubleshoot and suggest next steps, detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Collaboratively work in a matrix environment, present ideas, both verbally and in writing to diverse audiences including scientific colleagues and senior leadership
- Drive collaborations, internally and externally, with scientists from different disciplines to drive value
- Work in a collaborative environment where ideas can be respectfully challenged to drive excellence and innovation
- A PhD in Immunology/pharmacology or related scientific discipline with at least 10 years of pharmaceutical industry or academic experience is required
Experience leading and advancing drug discovery programs in immune-mediated diseases is required
Previous supervisory experience is required
Strong understanding of IBD disease pathophysiology is preferred
Ability to manage people and projects is required
Experience in intestinal immune and epithelial cell homeostasis or the microbiome is preferred as well as experience with complex cellular systems to mimic aspects of human disease
The Director will expected to travel in this role (approximately 10%)
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function