Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Manager Electrical Engineering
Requisition ID: 8627190627
Auris Health, Inc. is recruiting for a Sr. Manager Electrical Engineering. This position will be located in Redwood City, CA.
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/.
The Sr. Manager Electrical Engineering is responsible for leading the architecture, development, and execution of the electrical subsystems for all projects and programs within the Advanced Development team. The successful candidate will lead and grow a team in size, skill, and career path and advise on technical details.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Lead and grow a team of highly skilled electrical and electronic subsystems engineers
- Provide coaching and mentoring opportunities for employees
- Manage the planning and implementation for headcount and budget for the department
- Manage recruiting for the team, onboarding and smooth integration of new members to the team
- Manage execution and submission of electrical compliance testing to support regulatory submissions such as IEC and CE
- Work closely with and across Advanced Development teams for creating the best integrated product
- Own the process and execution of the architecture, design, implementation, test and production of the electrical system, including any relationships with 3rd party vendors
- 5 or more years of engineering management experience with complex electro-mechanical systems and distributed control required
- 3+ years’ experience with regulated design control and regulatory compliance testing and submissions required
- 3+ years’ experience as a technical contributor in an engineering role
- BS in Engineering required
- Experience and expert understanding of PCBA design, development, testing, and manufacturing required
- Experience and expert understanding of power, bus architectures, system modeling and experience making architecture trade-offs and decisions
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820 preferred.
- Experience shipping a product from design to production
- Experience with Medical Device Design Control and compliance testing, QSR 21 CFR Part 820, IEC 60601.
- 4+ years’ experience as an individual contributor in a medical device engineering role
- BS or advanced degree in Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to hire and grow teams
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)