Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 8622180411
Advanced Sterilization Products Division of Ethicon, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Software Engineer position located in Irvine, CA.
ASP (Advanced Sterilization Products), a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is a leading designer and developer of innovative instrument sterilization, high-level disinfection and cleaning technologies. The company is dedicated to providing infection prevention solutions that create the safest possible environments for patients, healthcare providers and communities. ASP is based in Irvine, California with offices around the world. For more information, please visit www.aspjj.com or follow us at www.Twitter.com/aspjj.
The Software Engineer is responsible for software design and development for medical devices. The Software Engineer will work with software development, verification and validation engineers of both direct employees and offshore contractors.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent is required. A MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 - 5 years of experience encompasses developing real-time software for embedded systems is required.
- Project management skills, including the ability to simultaneously work on multiple tasks / projects is preferred
- Knowledge on x86 or ARM microprocessors or PIC microcontroller is preferred.
- Experience in GUI and multi-threaded embedded software interface and synchronization mechanisms are preferred.
- Experience in any of Java, Qt, C and/or C++ programming languages required
- Knowledge of device drivers on Linux / RTOS platforms preferred.
- Experience in database, scripting capabilities preferred.
- Experience in source code and change control management process is required.
- Experience in the use of simulators / emulators is preferred.
- Ability and willingness to maintain existing software is required.
- Experience in software requirements analysis and specification required.
- Knowledge of IP/TCP/UDP network software development preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in designing software automated test system preferred.
- Broad technical breadth across hardware and systems preferred.
- Knowledge in software development in a regulated environment (e.g., FDA, ISO) is required.
- Knowledge and experience in the best practice in software engineering is preferred.
- Interdependent partnering and effective interpersonal skills to work collaboratively across the business and with development suppliers preferred.
- This position is located in Irvine, CA and up to 10% travel.
Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)
R&D Engineering (R&D)