Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health, Division of Johnson & Johnson Inc. is searching for a Scientist, Raw Material Center for our Skillman, NJ location. This position reports to the R&D Manager Base Business, North America Raw Material Center.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health develops and markets beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Skin Health, Self-Care, as well as Baby Care, Oral Care, Wound Care and Feminine Protection products.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Lead and provide support to marketed products for raw material qualifications, formula review for packaging component projects, and provide guidance on overall process improvements
- Work independently to drive technical resolutions in manufacturing and troubleshoot raw material/product issues under defined timelines.
- Be able to prioritize multiple projects with business impact at the regional level and act as technical subject matter expert for raw material changes to drive resolution for issues impacting production
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Supply Chain, Quality Assurance, Marketing, Research and Development (R&D), Regulatory, Toxicology, Commercial Manufacturing and other functional groups as needed.
- Assess impact and problem solve raw material related issues to various types of formulations and finished goods i.e. Cosmetic, OTC, and Medical Devices
- Identify and execute improvement opportunities to process and procedures
- Crisis management of urgent and unexpected issues affecting business continuity
- Work on simplifying/streamlining our procedures to drive innovation and simplicity within the organization.
- Execute technical aspects of projects, report metrics, and interact with and/or lead cross-functional teams to implement projects
- Prepare technical reports, memos, and author change controls in order to ensure organizational compliance and accurate change management.
- Participate in multi-functional teams to investigate problems, implement resolution, and develop optimized processes
- Batch formulations in GMP laboratory to assess impact of raw material changes to finished goods and commercial product
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required. A degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry or a related Scientific/Engineering discipline is required. An advanced degree is a plus.
- B.S with 5+ years of professional experience, M.S with 3+ years of professional experience OR Ph.D. with 0-2 years of professional experience
- Experience in formulation or manufacturing of consumer/pharmaceutical products is highly preferred.
- Experience with consumer products, such as skin care, facial cleansers, body care, hair care, oral care, baby care and/or sunscreen products is highly preferred.
- Experience with building online databases and coordinating big data is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- MS Office proficiency and solid presentation skills are required.
- Working cross-functionally in a team environment while being a leader or individual contributor is required.
- Experience managing projects is required.
- Problem Solving: Proactively seek solutions. Gather and analyze information systematically; Develop alternative solutions. Think analytically and act decisively. Work independently and with supervision.
- Master Complexity: Competently handle day-to-day work challenges. Thrive in uncertain circumstances. Adapt to changes in the work environment; manage multiple tasks and competing demands. Change approach or method to best fit the situation. Detail oriented and ability to work collaboratively across functional groups and handle multiple responsibilities and projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate clearly, making the complex clear and compelling to all levels of the organization in both written & oral forms.
- Commitment: Strive to attain quality results on time. Convey a sense of urgency and drive issues to closure.
- Travel Required <10%
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman-
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (6101)