Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing– Oncology Specialty
Requisition ID: 8609180410
Ethicon, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing (GSM) – Oncology Specialty to be located in Cincinnati, OH. The position may require up to 30% travel.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures, and energy based surgical devices. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity.
The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was started within Ethicon, and was separated and moved to Cincinnati, Ohio over 20 years ago, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today along with innovative energy devices for surgery.
Learn more at www.ethicon.com or follow us on Twitter @Ethicon.
The Sr. Marketing Manager, GSM Oncology Specialty - will be responsible for driving growth of the ETHICON portfolio within the Thoracic and Hepatobiliary specialty areas, providing global commercial leadership, brand support, and developing specialty strategies for ETHICON in these prioritized markets. The individual will globally coordinate specialty activities to ensure achievement of business plans.
The successful candidate will be responsible for setting the Thoracic and Hepatobiliary specialty strategy including value proposition, segmentation, positioning & messaging, claims, regional execution, launch excellence processes, and VOC & insights. The individual will collaborate with Regional Marketing to ensure excellent global launch and achievement of business plans. Additionally, he/she will partner with Medical Affairs, Health Economics and Market Access, Global Business Insights, and key customers in NPD to drive growth of global specialty initiatives.
In this role, you will:
- Have global responsibility for the Thoracic and Hepatobiliary specialties.
- Be responsible for setting the Thoracic and HPB specialty strategy including value proposition, segmentation, positioning/messaging, claims, and metrics.
- Partner with other Ethicon platforms and specialties to drive a comprehensive approach to each specialty.
- Engage with customers and KOL’s to identify key insights; lead global KOL identification and engagement.
- Lead the global Thoracic and Hepatobiliary specialty leadership teams, ensuring each team maintains a high-performing, results-oriented focus.
- Partner with Regional Marketing & Sales to ensure excellent implementation of the global specialty initiatives.
- Partner with Medical Affairs, Health Economics and Market Access, Regional Marketing & Sales, and Global Business Insights in coordinating and sequencing solution launches, customer targeting; identifying unmet customer needs, and providing direction for global growth opportunities.
- Provide commercial input to the advancement of product concepts through the new product development process including providing insights and voice of customer.
- The individual may or may not have direct reports.
- This person has the responsibility to reach financial targets within specified budgets and timeframes. This person will ensure applicable company compliance with all relevant country and regional requirements, company regulations, policies and procedures.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, Master's degree preferred
- A minimum of 8 years progressive business experience is required
- A minimum of 3 years of marketing experience is required
- Medical Device marketing and sales experience is highly preferred
- Previous regional in line marketing experience, and Global strategic marketing experience preferred.
- Experience with Marketing Excellence/Mastery, including Launch Excellence principles is highly preferred.
- Experience in product development including needs assessment, portfolio management, new opportunity assessment, and product lifecycle management preferred.
- Excellent cross-functional and management influencing skills and ability to develop customer relationships required.
- Experience with global brand management, influencing a Medical Device sales force and new product launch preferred.
- Market knowledge in the Thoracic and/or Hepatobiliary specialty is preferred.
- Proven ability to think creatively, design strategic solutions to complex problems, and an eagerness to learn is required.
- Demonstrated experience developing and leveraging customer insight preferred.
- Demonstrated competency building and executing Marketing strategy preferred.
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully and lead high-performing internal teams is required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)