Johnson & Johnson Careers
Region Business Director, Neuroscience – West Region - Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Requisition ID: 8607181130
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., (Neuroscience), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Region Business Director to support the Midwest Region. The Region includes Colorado to California (preference will be given to those residing in California).
Janssen Neuroscience is a company driven by dedication to product innovation, customer focus and employee and organizational excellence.
Our goal is to build on our leadership position in major existing therapeutic categories, while pioneering and taking the lead in new categories. We actively identify and pursue innovative business opportunities. We create partnerships that contribute to mutual success. People are our strength and the source of our growth. We are committed to providing a diverse, dynamic and challenging work environment where associates and their ideas can develop and thrive. Our focus on customers, partners, people and innovation creates sustainable, profitable growth and shareholder value. Our business practices reflect the responsibilities expressed in the Johnson & Johnson Credo.
As a leader in the industry, Neuroscience offers medications for the treatment of schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder and bipolar areas of mental health. Please visit our website at www.janssenpharmaceuticals.com to learn more about J&J and our products.
The Region Business Director (RBD) is the field based cross-functional leader, responsible for the delivery of all Region business goals through the leadership, direction, motivation and engagementof a varied team of Managers, Sales Professionals and local Business partners
The RBD – Neuroscience will:
- Report to the National Sales Director and be accountable for the strategic leadership of a team of Area Business Managers, Business Development Managers, Sales Specialists, and other local Business Partners who call on a mixed customer base to support the use of Janssen Neuroscience products within an assigned geographical region of multiple states.
- Establish and execute a fully-aligned Region Business plan that takes into account the unique competitive marketplace, resource allocation, and business trends to deliver compliant product growth and volume objectives. The plan must align to company, franchise, and brand strategies; deliver compliant product sales growth; and meet volume objectives while effectively addressing the unique needs of the local Region marketplace.
- Foster and actively cultivate collaborative relationships across multiple functions, departments, and roles, as well as with external customers and business partners.
- Be responsible for organization and talent development, including hiring new staff, motivating, coaching, developing, and retaining a diverse team of individuals who are technically able and consistently execute the business plan strategies to deliver positive business results. He or she must also exercise first line management control over his or her team’s expenses, budgets, compensation, and all company policies.
- Leverage multiple technologies; including PC, iPad and internet applications, to optimize planning, efficiency, and coordination of efforts.
- Ensure efficient operation of the region, drive innovation, the institution of best practices and effective problem-solving strategies, and apply resources to positively impact business outcomes while considering the long-term implications of decisions.
- A Bachelor's degree is required; A Master’s degree in a related field or M.B.A. is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of cross functional experience in key commercial roles (ex. sales, marketing, strategic marketing, Access/Payer, Marketing, Analytics, Business Development etc.)
- Prior direct people management / leadership experience
- Ability to lead, develop, coach and engage high performing, diverse teams. Very strong communications skills.
- Strong demonstrated leadership skills consistent with the J&J Leadership Imperatives (Connect / Shape / Deliver / Lead) .
- Demonstrated commercial capabilities and success in prior commercial roles. Ability to maximize business opportunities and insights. Strong ability to innovate, collaborate and deliver results.
- The ability to travel up to 50%, which may include overnight / weekend travel, is required.
- Cross functional experience beyond solely sales and sales learning & development
- Some health care or related experience, including pharmaceuticals
- Prior experience in sales as either a professional sales representative and /or District Manager
- Direct experience in in-line marketing and/or strategic marketing
- Demonstrated capabilities and traits for career path versatility to progress to other key roles
- Prior Neuroscience or Specialty product experience
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc (6062)