Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Director of Janssen R&D Data Science Clinical Insights
Requisition ID: 8603190301
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. is a division of Johnson & Johnson and is currently seeking a Senior Director of Janssen R&D Data Science Clinical Insights. The primary location for this position is Titusville, NJ. Consideration will be given to other locations such as Raritan, NJ; Spring House, PA; La Jolla / San Francisco, CA; Boston, MA; and Beerse, Belgium.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen R&D (JRD) is an organization of 11,000+ people with an operating budget of $7B, which includes JRD Therapeutic Areas (Cardiovascular/Metabolism, Immunology, Infectious Diseases/Vaccines, Neuroscience, Oncology, Pulmonary Hypertension) and JRD Global Functions.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
In this role you will serve as a key advisor to the Vice President, JRD Clinical Insights & Experience and to the Global Clinical Development Operations (GCDO) Leadership team. You will work together to design and implement capabilities to enable better clinical trial design, optimization and enrollment forecasting through data science across all Janssen clinical trials. In addition, you will partner to evaluate GCDO Data Science current strategy, craft future strategy, align for execution and implementation.
- You will lead the program management for all data science activities for Clinical Trial Feasibility and Portfolio Oversight
- You will have overall control and responsibility strategy, planning, execution and budgeting for data science for Clinical Insights & Experience
- You, the VP and Leadership Team will work closely together to use insights to optimize near-term performance goals and long-term strategic initiatives for Clinical Operations
- Consolidate feedback from across the therapeutic areas and functional areas to identify, test and scale data science proof of concepts through internal resources and external providers in support of the design and optimization of clinical trials, and predictive modeling
- Support the Clinical Trial Feasibility Center of Excellence, ensuring regular problem-solving towards developing insights through data
- Work to ensure an agile and highly-functioning team to deliver analytical insights with high quality and in a rapid manner
- Craft and drive decisions based on factual data and analytical findings, consolidating input from across clinical trial operations to ensure that all views are represented
- Actively manage the data science provider landscape
- On-board and work with consultant teams and thought-partners, as needed
- Partner effectively with JRD Data Science organization for alignment on and sharing of data catalogue sources, data design architecture strategy, technology tools & platforms, vendors, training and talent
- Partner across Janssen Data Science Communities of Practice, to enable data driven culture and competitiveness
- Assume a leadership role in a dynamic cross-functional environment - understand operations needs and use data driven methodologies to better inform and support therapeutic area research and operational strategies
- Assimilate and synthesize emerging trends in data science by attending relevant meetings and conferences
- Develop highly matrixed teams through coaching, goal setting, and a dedication to employee growth and development - Recruit, interview, select & develop top talent
- Master’s degree and 10+ years of experience, or Ph.D. or M.D. and 8+ years of experience, in Mathematics, Information Technology, Biostatistics, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
- 5+ years of experience in crafting and implementing data science capabilities including people, process and technology
- Proven technical ability with a variety of tools and methodologies used to support data engineering, modeling, and visualization, including Python, R and SQL
- Demonstrated record of program and vendor management
- Extensive experience leading teams and people
- Travel of 20% domestic and global overall
- Experience contributing to creative analytical solutions
- Experience with clinical software in clinical operations and/or the health care field
- Expertise with clinical data and interoperability standards (CCDA, HL7, FHIR)
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
Thriving on a diverse company culture and celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, we are committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Clinical Trial Coordination