Johnson & Johnson Careers
Head, Johnson & Johnson Innovation JLABS @ TMC
Requisition ID: 8597190304
Johnson & Johnson Innovation is recruiting a Head of Johnson & Johnson Innovation JLABS @ TMC.
The goal of Johnson & Johnson Innovation is to advance transformative healthcare solutions that improve the lives of people around the world and, in so doing, to deliver value to Johnson & Johnson (“J&J”). JJI accomplishes this by catalyzing new science and technology through collaboration and exchange of ideas. This growing team is looking for a colleague inspired to help build and innovate new ways of fostering a productive life-science ecosystem.
This position will be responsible for setting the strategic direction and overseeing all operational activities for JLABS @ TMC. This position will also be part of the Global Johnson & Johnson Innovation JLABS leadership team.
JLABS (“JLABS”) is the external R&D engine of Johnson & Johnson, catalyzing a community of entrepreneurs in health, operating a network of life science incubators focusing and accelerating emerging through its development, and supporting the portfolio to successful partnering and funding.
- Lead the strategy, the operational activities and the team to deliver on the business objectives including financial performance measures, portfolio metrics and marketing/branding deliverables
- Deliver financial forecasts and performance including revenues and operational expenditures
- Maintain strong relationship with partner organizations including Texas Medical Center, and J&J’s Center for Device Innovation
- Actively engage with start-up companies in the TMCx Accelerator and Biodesign Programs as an advisor and scout for opportunities for J&J to partner directly with the companies
- Build relationships with Venture Capital and Angel Funds outside of Houston and create opportunities for them to engage with JLABS@TMC companies
- Media relations
- Internal collaboration with each of Johnson & Johnson sectors, including pharm, medical device and consumer, and other internal capabilities
- Internal collaborations with the JJI Boston Innovation Center and the JJI California Innovation Center to complete deals strategic to the J&J portfolio strategy
- Venture Sourcing & Development within Johnson & Johnson’s three sectors (Pharma, Medical Device, and Consumer)
- Managing the performance of 25-50 external collaborators
- A Bachelor’s degree
- A Minimum of 15 years of experience and a track record in senior program management is required.
- An advanced degree (MBA and/or a MD or PhD) is preferred.
- At least 6 years of relevant professional experience in the healthcare industry is required.
- S/he must possess deep experience in program budgeting and fiscal management with experience in business development, technology transfer, management consulting, and/or venture capital investing.
- Experience in the evaluation and execution of a diverse set of business development opportunities is required.
- Demonstrated adaptability to work across functions and therapeutic areas is required.
- Some travel (mostly Texas and western U.S., but some east-coast or international) will be required.
- This position is located in Houston, TX, and requires willingness to travel (both domestically & internationally) up to 25% of the time.
J&J Innovation LLC (6205)