Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Scientist, Enzymology/Biochemistry
Requisition ID: 8581181130
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, Enzymology/Biochemistry to be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Lead Discovery team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences (DS) organization in Janssen R&D, is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area (TA) discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular and molecular pharmacology, enzymology, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. Building on a strong legacy of success, we are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as a Senior Associate Scientist, Enzymology. This position will report to a senior member of the Molecular & Cellular Pharmacology Group, and be based in Spring House, PA.
The candidate will provide enzymology/biochemistry support and expertise to therapeutic area programs from target nomination through declaration of a clinical candidate. S/he will characterize novel enzymes, elucidate options for hit ID approaches, collaborate with screening scientists on direct binding studies, development of HTS assays, and perform mechanism-of-action studies on validated hits. The candidate will provide enzyme and inhibitor mechanistic data and insight and analyze biochemical and cellular SAR throughout different stages of the project. The candidate will provide enzymology/biochemistry expertise to internal programs as well as external collaborations. S/he will collaborate in a highly multidisciplinary/matrix environment for the progression of drug discovery projects.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with 8 or more years of experience in enzymology /biochemistry/biophysics/pharmacology is required.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree 4 or more years of experience of experience in enzymology /biochemistry/biophysics/pharmacology is required.
- Strong record of publications is required.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in majority of the following areas; mechanism-of-action studies, enzyme characterization, steady state kinetics, protein biochemistry, and assay development is required.
- Strong capabilities to collaborate with scientists in multiple disciplines is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills is required.
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills and be an expert in high-throughput mass spectroscopy, mechanistic biochemistry and enzyme kinetics is preferred.
- Direct experience in mechanistic characterization of the drug candidate molecules with their target proteins is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)