Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Engineering Product Development Co-Op - Drexel University
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 8580180107
Caring for the world, one person at a time; inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. For 127 years, we embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Our approximately 128,000 employees at more than 275 Johnson & Johnson operating companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for one Drexel Product Development Co-op located in Westchester, PA to support the Brandywine Manufacturing Center. This position is not eligible for housing.
DePuy Synthes Companies is the largest, most creative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes offers unparalleled products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. The Manufacturing Engineering Team is responsible for developing manufacturing processes using lean principals.
Common expectations include the following:
- You will be part of a team responsible for leading process improvements within existing processes on the manufacturing floor
- You will gain valuable experience working within an FDA manufacturing environment.
- Partner with an existing Manufacturing Engineer and participate in process improvement including the identification of waste, development and evaluation, identifying and controlling of risks, and creation of manufacturing documentation
- You may also assist in the development and execution of both formal and informal process testing
- You will have the opportunity to learn and utilize Creo 3D CAD to produce models and drawings to company drafting standards
You should meet the following criteria:
- You are legally authorized to work in the United States and not require future sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 cumulative
- You are actively enrolled at Drexel University pursuing a either a Bachelors or Master Degree (but not necessarily taking classes)
- Our preferred majors are, but not limited to: Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering
- You are able to work full-time (40 hours per week) During the duration of the Co-Op position
- Have reliable transportation to and from work daily
- You have completed at least freshman year of your undergraduate academic program
- You should have strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Successful candidates for this role possess high mechanical aptitude as well as strong problem solving and communication skills
BE VITAL in your career; Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Synthes USA Products, LLC (6317)