Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We adopt research and science -- bringing creative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every single day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and dream to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Growing on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting optometry interns for the summer of 2019. Johnson & Johnson Vision delivers meaningful innovation to improve our patients’ sight and help professionals deliver better outcomes through preventive and corrective vision solutions. We are passionate about changing the trajectory of global eye health. Opportunities are available for internships within Research & Development (R&D) locations in both Florida and California.
As a global leader in eye health, Johnson & Johnson Vision conducts research across a diverse range of topics. Summer optometry internships provide an opportunity to work with R&D associates from a wide variety of scientific, technical and medical fields.
The responsibilities of the optometry intern may include:
- Planning, developing and crafting experiments
- Reviewing scientific literature and compiling technical summaries
- Assisting with community outreach vision screenings
- Partnering with research teams to complete projects
- Interpreting and summarizing experimental or clinical study data
- Presenting results to R&D colleagues
The optometry intern experience is typically an 8 to 12 week program conducted during the summer break. It is a full-time (40 hrs/wk) paid position where the intern works under the mentorship of R&D associates. It is anticipated that during the program the intern will develop leadership, technical and communication skills that will benefit them in their future studies and career.Qualifications
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in an accredited optometry course.
- Candidates must be US Citizens or legally authorized to work in the United States.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Candidates must be available to work Full-time for at least 8 weeks.
- Students must be able to provide their own transportation to the work location and then to/from work every day. A stipend will be offered to students that meet the commuting distance eligibility requirements.
- Demonstrated leadership is preferred.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Additional technical competencies in Sharepoint and other information technology systems are highly desirable, as is experience with PubMed databases and other literature databases.
- Candidates with academic and/or industrial clinical trial experience are strongly preferred.
- Participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Primary Location
United States-Florida-Jacksonville-Other Locations
North America-United States-California-Milpitas, North America-United States-California-Santa AnaOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)Job Function