Johnson & Johnson Careers
ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST 2- Immune Regulation
Requisition ID: 8567190628
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for two Associate Scientist II positions located in San Diego, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Associate Scientist II is a laboratory-based position in the Exploratory Biology group within Biologics Discovery. He or she will support portfolio projects from all Therapeutic Areas (TAs) at Janssen Biotherapeutics, especially pertaining to areas of immune regulation. Successful candidates will be part of a team investigating mechanisms of immune control and suppression as well as novel therapeutic platforms that can modulate these functions. The candidate’s responsibilities include: development of functional assays to characterize pathways underlying immune regulation, in vitro pharmacology of tool and lead molecules, design and execution of experiments to elucidate mechanisms of action. Experience in functional assays in immunology and oncology, flow cytometry, and cell culture is required. The successful candidate needs to have a strong ability to connect with other colleagues in Biotherapeutics and TA partners in a collaborative environment. They are expected to present scientific results to multidisciplinary teams.
Primary responsibilities included:
- Perform literature research, design, perform and interpret in vitro and ex vivo experiments to provide functional readouts. Relevant assays and skills include: primary cell fractionation, binding assays, and various functional assays (especially pertaining to immunology, autoimmunity, and oncology). Troubleshoot where necessary.
- Analyze and present data in professional "publication ready" format.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and manage multiple experiments simultaneously.
- Keep up-to-date with the literature in his/her field.
- Demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication.
- Master’s Degree in life sciences (immunology, oncology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related discipline) with 3 years of experience is required.
- Experience in multi-color flow cytometry is required; experience in cell sorting preferred.
- Experience in cell-based immunological functional assays is required.
- Experience in T regulatory (Treg) cell isolation, expansion and functional characterization is preferred.
- Experience in testing antibodies in in vitro functional assays, especially pertaining to immunology or oncology, is required.
- Experience in testing antibodies in in vitro functional assays is preferred.
- Experience working in industry is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)