Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, Animal Science
Requisition ID: 8566181203
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for Senior Scientist, located in Rockville, Maryland.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
In this role, you will conduct and participate in in vivo evaluations of oncolytic virus candidates in mouse tumor models. You will lead a small project team (currently three senior associate scientists) to execute in vitro assays, ex vivo cell-based assays, and syngeneic in vivo tumor models, collect samples from in vivo models for immunological analysis, and conduct statistical analyses to evaluate results. In addition, the team that you will lead will also perform virus isolation, propagation, purification, titration, and characterization. Because the team is small, you will spend some time in the laboratory you will perform some of the animal studies with your team.
You will handle all the documentation and data and be responsible for generating reports on the animal science projects. You will participate in strategy discussions and contribute to projects focused on the development of oncolytic viruses. You will represent BeneVir externally at scientific meetings, advisory boards, and through high impact publications.
- PhD with 5+ years of related experience
- Significant research experience with mouse models of cancer is required
- Experience with statistical analysis of mouse models of cancer is required
- Ability to run multiple projects in a dynamic environment is required
- Ability to independently design, execute and interpret in vivo tumor model studies and conduct broader scientific research with limited or no supervision is required
- Ability to oversee and mentor less experienced colleagues is required
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communications skills is required
- 3+ years of people management experience highly preferred
- Experience with oncolytic viruses and animal models highly preferred
- Experience with intra-tumoral administration highly preferred
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)