Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager - NA Regional Category Lead, HR Services
Requisition ID: 8556181130
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager - NA Regional Category Lead, HR Services located in New Jersey.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The Senior Manager - NA Regional Category Lead for HR Services will be responsible for managing approximately $900 million in spend for Johnson & Johnson Companies across Contingent Labor, Employee Services, Learning & Development, and Talent Mobility. The spend is managed in close collaboration with the Global Category Team for HR Services and requires collaboration with key stakeholders across all J&J sectors and functions to execute. This role will plan and direct the organization’s activities and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence, including corporate social responsibility.
The role will provide regional leadership in NA for developing category strategies, leading the implementation of global category strategies, maintaining key business partner relationships and managing key supplier relationships. The position must shape, connect and lead resources to deliver on key projects, including managing two direct reports.
The Senior Manager- Regional Category Lead’s scope of responsibilities includes:
- Develop and drive the Procurement vision for, with and through the stakeholder community.
- Develop the vision, strategy and implementation plan for HR categories of spend that will effectively meet the long-range requirements of the business partners and deliver maximum value for J&J
- Interface directly with CEO’s and other supplier leadership to ensure J&J’s objectives are met, including quality, service, innovation compliance, and cost.
- Identifies business demand requirements and partners with Business Engagement Leads to deliver annual value improvements and drives competitive advantage.
- Understand long range requirements of the business partners and engage in strategic planning and partnering to ensure alignment
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments
- Strong project management skills to ensure successful implementation of complex programs that impact all sectors and functions of J&J.
- Develop deep supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end to end value, and bring innovation to the business
- Identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurements goals and category strategies, based on deep subject matter expertise and an informal understanding of industry/market dynamics
- Escalate issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization.
- Identify and lead regional sourcing projects across a wide range of HR Services sub-categories.
- Manage two direct reports, including providing coaching and development.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- 30% - Develop and execute Procurement strategies that are aligned with the business/sector needs
- 20% - Manage supplier relationships, communicate changes to category strategy, execute joint collaborative initiatives, and monitor supplier contract negotiations
- 20% - Ensure execution of category strategies to include: sourcing strategy execution, negotiations, contract implementation and performance against established targets
- 10% - Facilitate the development, implementation, and maintenance of processes, policies, guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, and Business Operating Principles
- 10% - Conduct performance reviews/serve as People Manager for Subordinate Leads
- 5% - Lead team meetings and provide updates to Global Procurement Leadership
- 5% - Manage & prioritize portfolio of Procurement segment (Pharm, MD&D and/or Consumer) specific initiatives
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience is required
- A minimum of one year of people management experience is required.
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management: Category Management and Supplier Management).
- Strong leadership, communication, influencing, collaboration and talent development skills are required
- Able to prioritize requests and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary.
- Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues
- Customer Orientation (building and maintaining strong relationships with J&J senior Management
- Ability to show strategic thinking
- Strong project management skills
- Strong Business Acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information
- Ability to continuously improve the organization
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong level of proficiency with core Procurement skills (e.g., supplier management and performance, supply market analysis, Category Management, Procurement Excellence, etc.)
- Strong level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community
- Strong influencing skills with ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain); has "presence"
- Strong people management and development skills
- Successfully led cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in the external environment, while ensuring the organization is able to effectively and efficiently move through transitions
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville-
North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, North America-United States-New Jersey, North America-United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick, North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-New Jersey-Skillman, North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerset
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)