Johnson & Johnson Careers
Primary Development Engineer, Product Management
Requisition ID: 8554190301
Ethicon, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Primary Development Engineer, Product Management in Cincinnati, OH.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
In this role you will:
- Lead a cross-functional team to execute multiple feasibility programs or projects across multiple specialties and procedures.
- Manage project portfolio for your assigned products to ensure a consistent Quality supply of products is always available for the customer.
- You will work with partner groups to gain alignment & support to achieve key milestones for component development and process improvement projects.
- Partner with team to develop high-quality manufacturing processes at component suppliers.
- Seek opportunities to improve current manufacturing processes: improve quality, increase capacity, reduce scrap, and reduce costs.
- Work collaboratively across functional groups and handle multiple responsibilities/projects.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in manufacturing process development or operations is required.
- Experience in Project Management, Risk Management, and/or Operations is required.
- Experience working collaboratively across functional groups on project teams is required.
- Experience in a GxP or regulated environment is required.
- Experience with Pre-Market Approval Medical Devices is a plus.
- Experience improving processes, capability and stability analysis, process control, and design of experiments is preferred.
- Experience with Metals and Plastics component process development, Assembly Process Development, Design for Manufacturing/ Design for Assembly is preferred.
- Experience with GD&T (ASME Y14.5) is preferred.
- Previous experience with Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) and Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) is preferred.
- Experience with or certification in Process Excellence Six Sigma, Green Belt or Black Belt is preferred.
- This position is located in Cincinnati, OH and may require up to 25% travel domestic and internationally.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)