Johnson & Johnson Careers
Commercial Contracts Paralegal 2
Requisition ID: 8554180731
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision’s Law Department is recruiting for a Commercial Contracts Paralegal 2, to be located in Santa Ana, California.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of anterior segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal. The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
Roles & Responsibilities: The Commercial Contracts Paralegal 2 will:
- Work under the supervision of senior counsel.
- Draft basic legal correspondence, forms and reports.
- Review and draft basic legal contracts such as statements of work, confidential disclosure agreements, and consulting agreements.
- Provide contract support such as preparing executable drafts of contracts for finalization, assisting with contract version management and tracking contracts through their lifecycle from inception through execution.
- Provide guidance to business stakeholders as required, including, but not limited to, advising on contract template usage, contract interpretation, drafting, and negotiation.
- Update and maintain contract templates.
- Support contract filing and contract management in J&J’s contract database.
- Provide day-to-day support for the commercial legal team.
- Assist with non-legal tasks including acting as a liaison with various business units and affiliate companies.
- Resolve routine legal questions under the direction of an attorney.
- Minimum of an Associate Degree or a Paralegal certification is required;
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- A Minimum of 1 year of full time experience as a paralegal is required.
- A Minimum of 1 year supporting commercial contracts is required
- Paralegal who has in-house/corporate experience is preferred.
- Proficiency with database systems and Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook) is required.
- Proficiency with MS Office Excel and Powerpoint is preferred.
- Excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal communications skills are required.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is required.
- The ability to set priorities and work under pressure to meet time deadlines is required.
- A self-starter who is detail oriented, analytical, highly organized and can work both independently and as part of a group is required.
- The ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and be able to interface effectively with clients, attorneys and other professionals is required.
- A true team player with an interest in learning about, and contributing to, the J&J Surgical Vision Legal team and becoming a valued member of the J&J Surgical Vision Legal team would be successful in this role.
- Position will require less than 5% travel (to an occasional corporate training/meeting).
- Position will be in Santa Ana, CA.
United States-California-Santa Ana
AMO US Holdings, Inc.. (6234)