Johnson & Johnson Careers
Materials Distribution Specialist I
Materials Management & Distribution
Requisition ID: 8553180731
Johnson & Johnson Vision Surgical (JJVS) is recruiting for a Material Distribution Specialist I. JJVS designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of anterior segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal. This position is based in Milpitas, CA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
Performs manual and clerical duties, which may utilize computers in the preparation of materials, supplies, and equipment for shipment. Typically involves distribution of finished goods to be packaged and sent to recipients.
Key Responsibilities: Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
• Pulls finished goods parts of bins using pick list and possible radio frequency device (e.g. identifying the specific part number, lot number, quantity and location of all items in an order) to fill the customer order.
• Enters orders into a computer database using a barcode scanner to scan the order number on the pick sheet.
• Packages orders to include the pick list from the box, and filling in open spaces and packs materials according to specifications or knowledge of shipping practices to prepare the package for labeling and distribution to the customer.
• Types pertinent information into the Fed Ex computer or equivalent (e.g. customer number, method of shipment) to generate a printed label to be used for product shipment.
• Examines shipment containers at the time of delivery for any damage, and verifies the accuracy of the information listed on the packaging slips, invoices, and freight bills by opening the packages and visually inspecting the contents in order to ensure accurate delivery.
• Enters Material information (e.g., P.O. Number) into the business computer system and generate receipt travelers to provide material traceability.
• Transport material (e.g., production and non-production materials) upon request using a forklift, pallet jack, or truck to the designated location.
• Receives out-going shipments from internal customers and packaged items using the appropriate materials (e.g., cardboard boxes and packaging tape).
• Records shipment information using the carrier service’s systems and methods (e.g., Federal Express, UPS) for shipping traceability.
• Builds pallet configurations according to the appropriate documentation for sterilization processes.
• Schedules sterilization loads for internal sterilization and external contract sterilizers.
• Publishes sterilization schedules for Production, Engineering, and Marketing.
• Supports Sterilization validation activities.
• Records appropriate sterilization information on the LHRs and Sterilization Load Documents to provide traceability.
• Performs SAP transactions to clearly identify the status of the product.
High School Diploma or Equivalent required. Two-year college degree or some college coursework completed preferred.
Experiences & Skills:
• Minimum two (2) years of warehouse or material handling experience required
• Medical device or healthcare industry experience preferred
• SAP experience preferred
• DOT or IATA certifications preferred
• Forklift certification preferred
• Truck driving experience preferred
AMO Manufacturing USA, LLC (6240)
Materials Management & Distribution