Johnson & Johnson Careers
Head, Supply Chain & Operations - Zarbee's
Requisition ID: 8512190228
Zarbee’s Naturals, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies, is currently recruiting for an experienced Head of Supply Chain, located in Draper, UT. This position will report to the Managing Director, Zarbee’s.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Zarbee’s Naturals is a leadership brand in Self-Care and a dynamic business, operating in the Naturals & Wellness space. Growing organically with the development of new products, it continues to expand in the U.S. with future sights set on extending our footprint globally. Customer centricity has delivered excellent growth year over year. With strong core values that inspire entrepreneurialism, teamwork, and innovation, it is our goal to be there for as many people as possible with carefully sourced, handpicked ingredients that make for a happy, thriving community. We’ve taken that, and our idea that you can never outgrow simple and wholesome, and created products for all ages with strong attention to social and environmental responsibility. Today, Zarbee’s is the #1 pediatrician-recommended cough syrup brand for kids 10 and under. Zarbee’s now reaches consumers at every age with products that include: cough, soothers, vitamins, immunity, and more.
The Naturals & Wellness space is experiencing continued strong growth and, with our current team, product portfolio and innovation platform, our business is poised for continued strong growth – we need an individual who has the profile to come and live into the “performance culture” and continue to drive our momentum.
In strengthening infrastructure by looking to continuous improvement and professional processes that deliver scalability and great customer experience, the Head of Operations will be responsible for the entire operations value chain for Zarbee’s.
The Head of Operations is a strategic partner to the Managing Director, empowered to have major impact on the organization as a key member in Zarbee’s Management team. The successful candidate is expected to move decisively and make tough decisions required to transform and build the organization from plan, source, make, and deliver perspective. S/he will also be responsible for taking ownership of several on-going initiatives designed to promote operational efficiency end-to-end and reduce costs.
This leader must be a self-starter, strategic thinker and visionary with the ability to recognize and seize opportunities that are presented. Strong business acumen and operational skills are key success factors for this position along with ability to move with great agility, a sense of urgency, and a bias for action. S/he must be seen as a leader who is able to communicate and sell a vision of the future and who can motivate and drive an organization to new levels of performance.
- Provide Organizational Leadership via strategic and tactical direction ensuring that execution of Operations and deployment of resources is to the cost and service level expectations of customers, while driving continuous improvement to achieve business results
- Develop and coach Operations team to ensure development plans are in place, conducting development sessions as needed and appropriate
- Motivate and challenge key members to assure competitive advantage in Operations
- Drive strategic direction of Operations (several years [3-5 years] out) to ensure that the Operations team is looking forward toward the future needs of the business
- Ensure that Customer Service Levels (OTIF) are delivered for each Customer delivery target, continually driving improvements in order management cycle time and delivery time performance
- Work with J&J Operations groups and integration lead to ensure proper integration of supply chain processes, as needed
- Coordinate all logistics activities, in conjunction with J&J, to facilitate the management of the warehouse and transportation services and trade customization needs to the agreed upon standards
- Manage Procurement to ensure that COGs continue to deliver on CIP initiatives / targets (functional excellence) by evaluating suppliers and second sources for Raw Material and FGs, while delivering to all Quality specifications
- Manage capacity to meet long term business plans with external manufacturers, per delivery form
- Support the delivery of all new launches to meet new launch shelf set dates and quantities, with good Quality
- Conduct the Executive S&OP planning meeting and to ensure cross functional alignment to the SKU and Financial forecast
- Lead all IT infrastructure and software discussions for Zarbee’s to ensure services are provided to meet requirements and compliance
- BA/BS is required, MBA is preferred
- 15 - 20 years’ experience in Consumer Package Goods; experience in health/wellness and/or nutritional space, a plus
- Previous Member of an Executive Leadership Team Background in: External Manufacturing management, Procurement, Warehouse / Transportation management, Demand Planning, Project Management and IT
- Outstanding Leadership Skills to develop team on both the “What” and “How”
- Ability to develop and lead the execution of strategy and business transformation efforts
- Strong financial acumen and knowledge of business processes and budgeting
- Experience guiding multi-disciplinary teams
- Capable of providing integrated support for end to end financial & planning processes, and systems
- Able to influence through rapidly changing organizational and business challenges
- Capacity to collaborate cross functionally (R&D, Quality, Finance, Marketing, Sales), at the leadership and broader team level
- Strong analytical background with critical evaluation skills
- Able to negotiate contracts and rates with 3rd party suppliers
- Strategic problem-solving capability
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates leadership for consistent results continually driving to over-deliver
- Entrepreneurial spirit, small company environment experience in addition to experience navigating matrixed corporation is preferred
- Willing to roll-up sleeves and contribute as individual contributor when needed
- Able to foster a culture of accountability and empowering others
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.