Johnson & Johnson Careers
Purchasing and Supply Chain Specialist
Requisition ID: 8507190228
Zarbees Naturals, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies, is recruiting for an energetic and enthusiastic Purchasing and Supply Chain Specialist. This position will report to the Director of Supplier Management.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Zarbees Naturals is a leadership brand in Health and Wellness in the United States. It is our goal to be there for as many people as possible with carefully sourced, handpicked ingredients that make for a happy, thriving community. We’ve taken that, and our idea that you can never outgrow simple and wholesome, and created products for all ages. Today, Zarbee’s is the #1 pediatrician-recommended cough syrup brand for kids 10 and under. Zarbees now reaches consumers at every age with products that include: cough, soothers, vitamins, immunity, and more.
• Manage ERP (Netsuite or SAP) transactions to ensure on-time release of orders
• Issue, track and follow-up on purchase orders for multiple suppliers
• Conduct vendor business reviews while tracking relevant cost and delivery KPIs, to ensure compliance CIP
• Develop, manage and strengthen supplier partnerships
• Participate in the product development process to ensure targeted COGs and timelines are achieved / maintained
• Manage the supplier qualification process (capabilities, quality system and performance), including participating in facility audits
• Identify, initiate and implement cost saving opportunities (functional excellence)
• Source raw material, packaging component and finished goods suppliers, as required
• Track commodities to evaluate market trends and price fluctuations
• Track industry trends locate new suppliers for various delivery forms
BS/BA degree required
Experiences & Skills:
• Minimum 4 of supply chain/operations experience, including 2 years purchasing experience required
• Nutritional supplements industry experience preferred
• ERP experience required, preferably Netsuite or SAP
• Experience managing the Supplier qualification process (capabilities, quality system and performance), including participating in facility audits preferred
• Detail oriented, capable of managing and advancing multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrate a record of successful negotiations required
• Familiar with CGMP’s requirements for dietary supplements preferred
• Strategic problem-solving capabilities
• Capacity to collaborate cross functionally
• Able to demonstrate leadership to deliver consistent results
• The ability to make, plan and execute decisions in line with company goals
• Entrepreneurial spirit, with small company experience is preferred
• Willing to go above and beyond the job to help the team reach stretch goals