Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Manager - Distribution Operations
Requisition ID: 8503180730
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. (HCS) is
currently recruiting for a Sr. Manager, Distribution Operations to be located
in Monument, CO.
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. provides account management and customer support services to key health care customers, including hospital systems and group purchasing organizations, leading health plans, pharmacy benefit managers, and government health care institutions. The company also provides contract management, logistics and supply chain functions for the major Johnson & Johnson franchises.
Johnson & Johnson Customer & Logistics Services (CLS) is a global Supply Chain organization that supports operating units across all of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. CLS strives to deliver an exceptional customer experience through leading critical customer facing-functions such as distribution and transportation. In addition, CLS oversees critical business enablers, including how we gather and manage supply chain master data, safe and secure supply chain practices, product identification standards, and market/channel access capabilities. CLS supports all three sectors of Johnson & Johnson: Medical Device & Diagnostics, Pharmaceutical, and Consumer Products. This team is represented in multiple countries, and continues to grow globally in both visibility and responsibility. The CLS team reports to Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain and partners closely with groups throughout the supply chain organization.
The Senior Manager, Distribution Operations is responsible for the Distribution Operations at the Monument CO Distribution Center supporting Johnson & Johnson franchises. You will lead the organization and planning of all distribution activities, and directs the management team responsible for the different areas of the logistics facility. The position also develop and manage a defined business plan that ensures the achievement of company objectives as they relate to service level agreements and operational performance, within budget and according to policies, procedures and legal compliance requirements. Develop and manage relationships with our internal and external customers and partners to ensure we are exceeding customer expectations. Ensure that the CLS facility is meeting customer service, quality, safety, productivity and cost objectives; and ensure that company policies and procedures are applied consistently across all Logistics Center employees.
- Manage the Distribution Operations at the Monument Colorado Distribution Center supporting Johnson & Johnson franchises.
- Direct the management team that oversees the day-to-day activities of the Logistics Center.
- Ensure proper staffing of the CLS Facility
- Ensure that the CLS facility achieves company objectives as they relate to service level agreements and operational performance
- Develop and manage a defined business plan that ensures the achievement of company objectives as they relate to service level agreements and operational performance, within budget and according to policies, procedures and legal compliance requirements
- Ensure optimal space utilization and strategic capacity planning
- Develop the overall CLS team annual goals and objectives
- Conduct recruiting, hiring and termination process for the CLS facility in conjunction with Human Resources
- Develop and manage strong relationships with Operating Company partners in conjunction with CLS Strategic Business Managers to deliver agreed upon targeted business plans
- Develop and manage relationships with Transportation and other critical suppliers
- Identify and champion high potential and high performing talent (conduct succession planning)
- Proactively recommend ongoing improvements to the business processes/systems in support of the key business drivers
- Benchmark industry practices and implement improvements as appropriate
- Drive continuous improvement in productivity, quality, safety, and cost
- Work with individual direct reports to develop goals objectives for direct reports
- Provide guidance, direction, development planning, and performance feedback on a regular basis to management team members, to ensure effective and productive work teams
- Coach and mentor future leaders
- Consistently enforce employee compliance, including attendance at training programs, and promptly report any non-compliance to Compliance or upper Management
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your immediate supervisor or Compliance
- Promote and nurture the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and compliance, and actively support our compliance program-related initiatives and activities
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, an advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in Distribution, Operations and/or related activities is required
- A minimum of three (3) years of people management experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to work under time constraints and manage complexity is required
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and collaboration is required
- Previous experience working within a regulated industry is required
- Previous experience in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry is highly preferred
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems is preferred
- Demonstrated Change Management and/or Leadership Skills are preferred
- Demonstrated project management expertise is preferred
- Process Excellence, FPX or Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt trained is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts in a constructive way by addressing the needs of all parties, eventually bringing about a conclusive outcome is required
- Must have the ability to contribute positively to the morale of the team and ability to collaborate with J&J Operating Companies and Suppliers
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time domestically and/or internationally
Johnson & Johnson HCS Inc. (6077)
Materials Management & Distribution