Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, Neurodegeneration (1 of 2)
Requisition ID: 8500180411
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientist located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As a Senior Scientist this position will include supporting projects that aim to identify and develop therapeutic and preventative countermeasures against neurodegenerative diseases. This position requires extensive interaction with colleagues from different disciplines within and external to the organization; we are therefore seeking someone with excellent written and verbal communication skills and a friendly and collaborative personality. The successful candidate will be able to work independently to advance programs and to troubleshoot challenges that may arise in the research.
As a Senior Scientist responsibilities will include:
- Supporting projects that aim to identify and develop therapeutic and preventative countermeasures against neurodegenerative diseases
- Opportunities to promote or advance new programs in these research areas
- This individual will be responsible for hands-on work “at the bench”
- May also manage a small team of technicians or more junior scientists
- Responsible for presenting progress reports, drafting manuscripts, and presenting at meetings and conferences
- A minimum of a PhD in Neuroscience or a related field is required
- A minimum of 2 years post degree experience in Neuroscience research in industry or academic environment is required
- Research experience in the field of Neurodegeneration is preferred
- Experience working with models of neurodegenerative diseases, including transgenic models is preferred
- Experience in a range of molecular and biochemical methodologies, including assay development for screening of small and large molecules is preferred
- Experience working with recombinant viruses and viral vectors (e.g. for vaccines or gene therapy) is preferred
- Knowledge of immunology and/or neuroimmunology is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)