Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Director, US Supply Chain – Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS)
Requisition ID: 8497180410
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Sr. Director, US Supply Chain – Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) located in Irvine, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices contains key surgical platforms such as Wound Closure, Orthopedics, Open and Minimally Invasive Stapling, Energy, Biosurgery, Aesthetics, ENT, and Cardiovascular surgical products. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices (MD) is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands. Johnson & Johnson MD is currently $21 billion in Worldwide sales. The business is expected to experience solid growth over the next 5 to 7 years.
This Sr. Director role is a critical leadership position, responsible for the alignment of the US strategy with the MD Supply Chain strategy. The main responsibility is to optimize supply chain performance, consistently meet customer expectations and manage regional S&OP. You will be the primary Supply Chain liaison with the regional commercial leadership to ensure achievement of aligned business goals and objectives. With expertise in End-to-End Supply Chain process improvement, you will proactively coordinate cross-functional resources required for three major areas:
Customer Focus: Global Reach and Local Focus - work with a Global mindset to improve Supply Chain agility while increasing our ability to respond to our Customer needs in local markets.
Excellence in Execution: Reduce complexity and drive significant improvement in the predictable, reliable supply of quality products that meet / exceed customer expectations.
Strategic Franchise Management: Work with commercial partners / teams and the global Product Management (PM) organization to support strategic business plans by aligning supply chain & franchise strategies and tactics to drive profitable growth.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration to understand customer needs and translate external customer requirements into supply chain strategies
- Monitor Supply Chain (SC) Performance Goals (i.e. perfect order, quality, LIFR, MAPE/Bias, inventory), ensures initiation of corrective action and improvement projects as required
- Lead regional SC Planning Team by driving demand panning excellence and champion regional S&OP process and meetings – drive balancing demand vs. supply decisions + eventual product allocations and coordinate resolution of major supply chain issues for respective franchise
- Partner with Commercial, Quality and Franchise Supply Chain for continuous improvement of New Product Implementation (NPI) capability
- Identify and prioritize customer centric end-to-end supply chain solutions, while simplifying and standardizing for impact (Fewer, Bigger, Better, Faster)
- Ensure End-to-End supply chain processes are supporting customer and business needs. When / where not, work with functional leads to drive improvements
- Improve overall supply network agility to increase our ability to respond to Customer needs in local markets. Ensures initiation of corrective actions with the functional organizations when performance varies to target.
- Collaborate with the Franchise SCLT to develop and implement a product supply strategy to effectively meet market requirements (labeling; late stage customization, lead-times, service levels)
- Work closely with the Functional Leads (QUALITY, PLAN, SOURCE, MAKE, DELIVER, IM/IT) to drive change and new ways of thinking, introducing and leveraging best practices, learning models and LEAN principles; all in the pursuit of end to end supply chain excellence
- Establish and consistently use FPX methodology to drive Execution Excellence, delivering cross-functional end-to-end initiatives
- Represent the customer and serve as interface between the Global Franchise and the Regional Supply Chain Team, including a strong connection to the local / regional organizations
- Shared accountability on metrics that drive Medical Device value (Compliance & Quality, Customer Service, Growth and Efficiency) and business unit performance
- Support / own talent development of supply chain functions to build capabilities in the region and create a strong pipeline of leaders
- Work with global product management directors (PM) on efficient product life-cycle management and ensures continuous complexity reduction
- Collaborate with PM on NPD and Lifecycle Management (LCM) activities and shared accountability for the business unit impact on gross profit items such as inventory, CIP attainment
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business or supply chain discipline is required
- An advanced degree in science, business, engineering, finance or organizational management or equivalent experience is preferred
- A minimum twelve (12) years of experience in a complex Supply Chain environment and a proven leadership track record in at least 2 of the following functional areas within a global and international organization: manufacturing, planning, distribution and/or quality is required
- Ability to drive innovation, prioritize and collaborate in a heavily matrix environment is required
- Experience in creating Customer Centric End-to-End Supply Chain strategies is required
- Ability to influence and gain cross-functional support to deliver strategy is required
- Ability to create operational improvement using process excellence tools and leadership is preferred
- Delivering ‘best in class’ business results through innovative customer focused solutions is required
- Experience in healthcare / regulatory dependent sector is preferred
- APICS / CSCP / LEAN / Six Sigma certifications are preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, domestic and/or international is required
MD&D Global Services LLC (6209)