Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Director, Medical Information-Immunology
Requisition ID: 8490180410
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a Johnson and Johnson Company, is recruiting for an Associate Director, Medical Information, Immunology located in Horsham.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Associate Director, Medical Information-Immunology, will provide scientific knowledge support through expertise in company products and related therapeutic areas. As the primary contact for provision of Medical Information, the Associate Director will use their keen understanding of the science and our products to teach internal business partners and to conduct in-depth analysis of the data.
Essential Responsibilities are:
Will be the key contact for provision of Medical Information –Develops medical information tools including standard replies, formulary dossiers, slide decks and presentations in support of customer needs. Provides Medical Information support at major scientific meetings. Provides medical guidance for development and review of promotional or sales training materials. Handles escalated scientific inquiries from HCPs, including after hours.
Will conduct In-depth analysis of data – Monitors the medical literature/ compendia for operating company products and competitor data; analyzes the information for accuracy/relevance and notifies key partners. Assists with analysis of voice of customer data to identify unmet needs/data gaps.
Will develop Strategic Concepts – Participates in multidisciplinary therapeutic area teams; contributes to functional strategic plan in support of therapeutic area. Leverages clinical knowledge and expertise to direct the review and identification of emerging trends and scientific intelligence, meaningful for each audience.
Will manage Medical Information projects- Leads new product launch support. Develops tools for creative delivery of information.
Will assure quality of MedicalInformation training materials – Develops and maintains departmental training curriculum; supports sales training initiatives and actively trains the Medical Information Center (MIC) team.
Will mentor development of teams’therapeutic knowledge. Provides initial and ongoing training of new hires and students/fellows.
Will handle escalated scientific inquiries– Applies scientific and therapeutic area knowledge to respond to escalated, non-standard, and after hours medical information inquiries.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy is required. A PharmD or PhD degree is highly preferred. A Drug Information or clinical residency/fellowship is preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of drug information/medical information or comparable experience within the health care/clinical/hospital environment is required.
- Immunology experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct literature analysis is required.
- Experience developing responses to scientific inquiries from healthcare professionals and/or consumers is required.
- Project management/team leadership experience is preferred.
- Shown strength in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Proven creative problem solving and understanding of customer needs is highly desired.
- This position is located in Horsham, PA and may require up to 15% domestic travel for conference attendance and company meetings.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)