Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Research Optometrist (#1 of 2)
Requisition ID: 8476181129
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Principal Research Optometrist, located in Jacksonville, FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
You, the Principal Research Optometrist will:
- Design, conduct, and interpret research studies in support of new product introduction.
- Contribute in the origination or direction of experiments through the development of methodologies.
- Review, analyze, and interpret data, and draw conclusions which lead to planning further research.
- Summarize and interpret clinical study data in technical reports.
- Keep ahead of changing and emerging industry, business, and technical trends and competitive product offerings to influence R&D to improve products, processes, and services.
- Seek out new consultants and build relationships with external subject matter experts.
- Be recognized as a subject matter expert on contact lens and clinical research in JJVC.
- Adhere to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives.
- Engage in Credo-based decision-making.
- Provide input to and executes clinical strategies in support of NPD, including trial concepts, design, execution, data analysis and interpretation, as well as clinical study reporting, in collaboration with Clinical Operations.
- Partner with R&D personnel (technical project manager, designers) global marketing, marketing research and regional partners to complete development projects that meet the needs of all stakeholders.
- Own safety aspects of clinical new product development including medical monitoring, clinical risk assessments, and design control in conjunction with franchise Medical Safety Officer.
- Communicate data and conclusions using appropriate interpretation and understanding of clinical outcomes related to product performance.
- Partner externally to develop solutions to project problems and clinical research approaches including development of new test methods.
- Create and sustain a learning environment to develop and share best practices throughout the organization.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Doctoral Degree-Optometry, PhD in Vision Sciences, or MD with specialty in Ophthalmology is required.
- Post-graduate degree or residency in cornea and contact lenses is preferred.
- At least 5 years working experience in either clinical research of contact lens products, or vision science, or basic science research, or patient care experience is required
- Comprehensive knowledge, understanding and application of principles, concepts and practices of clinical research is required
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills is required
- Demonstrated ability to build successful relationships with key opinion leaders and investigators globally is preferred.
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical and scientific data to clinical and non-clinical audiences is required
- This position is located in Jacksonville, FL, and may require approximately 15% travel, both domestic and international.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)
Clinical Research MD