Associate Scientist I/II, Immuno-Oncology Discovery
Your job alert was successfully created.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Scientist I/II, Immuno-Oncology Discovery located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
You will join the Immuno-Oncology team to validate and evaluate targets of immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer. The candidate will work as part of a team driving research programs across different stages of drug discovery. His/her responsibilities include the design, execution and interpretation of studies in order to generate critical data packages to support development of novel therapeutic agents. The scientist will collaborate with colleagues across multiple functional areas and communicate scientific results to multidisciplinary teams.
• Work within Immuno-Oncology drug discovery team to execute in vitro and ex vivo experiments,
• Develop, optimize and perform immunological-cell based assays, including: flow cytometry, ELISA, MSD, immune cell isolation from whole blood or tissues, cell culture, and other functional assays, etc.
• Analyze complex data sets, maintain electronic notebook records, present data in professional 'publication ready' formats in internal meetings,
• Work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously under fixed timelines,
• Possess interpersonal skills to collaborate with partners from all functions,
• Detail-oriented with excellent record-keeping skills,
• Keep up-to-date with the literature related to his/her field,
• Demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication skills.
• B.S./B.A. with 2-3 years of experience or an M.S. with at least 1 year of experience with a Biology related degree.
• Multi-colored flow cytometry techniques and analysis. Flow cytometry experience is required.
• Assay development and analyses of cell-based immunoassays using primary cells is preferred.
• Basic cell purification techniques and immunological phenotyping procedures from blood, ex vivo human and rodent tissues is preferred.
• Basic aseptic cell culture technique, such as maintaining cell lines and primary cells, cell banking, etc. is required.
• This role is based in Spring House, PA and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)