Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As the Digital Management Editor, you will support the Global Content Lab team within the Johnson & Johnson Global Corporate Affairs department, focused on external multimedia storytelling to protect and enhance Johnson & Johnson’s reputation as one of the world’s leading broadly-based healthcare companies, helping the department to meet deadlines and run efficiently while ensuring digital best practices.
- Lead all aspects of the global corporate website, JNJ.com, ensuring that sections across the site are properly updated and compliant
- Partner with IT/legal and external vendors for site upgrades, overseeing quality assurance.
- Maintain production schedules and establish process to effectively track content produced by the editorial and social teams
- Serve as main liaison between the editorial and social media teams.
- Coordinate the budget, partnering with the Global Content Lab leader, Content Lab team and finance department to ensure funds are properly allocated each quarter, and payments to vendors, contractors and freelance contributors are tracked and up-to-date.
- Lead in-house team to facilitate the exchange of information on the team and between key stakeholders in the operating companies, ensuring published content is shared with relevant teams across the company on a regular basis.
- Manage agency and contractor support for key departmental functions including SEO support, freelance writer support and design/photo support. Act as day-to-day point person with designated agencies and contractors, negotiating contracts and rates.
- Support and partner with Global Content Lab Leader and Content Lab Editor in Chief on other special projects, including global website redesigns and microsite builds, partnering with communication leads and global agencies in critical markets.
- Ensure error-free editorial content by effectively managing copy editing resources and overseeing help with fact-checking or copy-editing information prior to publication as needed.
- Maintain and update the Content Lab Style Guide.
- Establish Content Lab meeting schedule and work with departmental admin to coordinate internal and external attendees as needed, including a weekly editorial deadline meeting and a weekly meeting with the social team.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree
- A minimum 8 years of experience in an assistant managing editor or managing editor role
- Excellent attention to detail, project management and time management skills, as well as excellent judgement
- Previous experience leading a team, specifically related to process, project management, trafficking or production
- Digitally savvy and experienced, with a required and demonstrated comfort level working with data, metrics and emerging technologies
- Dynamic, highly-organized multi-tasker with a proven track record of managing multiple projects on schedule in a newsroom-like environment
- Superior oral and written communication skills; ability to liaise with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working in a global function and a matrix environment
- Familiarity with AP style/editorial best practices; excellent editing, grammar and copyediting skills
- Familiarity with popular and emerging social platforms and channels
- MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Travel between NY and NJ offices as needed
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)