Johnson & Johnson Careers
Quality Assurance Specialist I (Multiple Openings - Diverse Shifts)
Requisition ID: 8466181129
Ethicon Endo-Surgery, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance Specialist I, located in Albuquerque, NM.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Johnson & Johnson has accepted a binding offer to form a strategic collaboration with Jabil Inc., one of the world’s leading manufacturing services provider for health care products and technology products. The Company would expand a 12-year relationship with Jabil to produce a range of products within the Ethicon Endo-Surgery and DePuy Synthes businesses.
This position is planned for transfer to Jabil upon completion of the transaction. Therefore, should you receive and accept an offer for this position and remain in the role through the completion of the transaction, you would be transferred to Jabil upon the close of the deal, subject to any applicable local law. As a result of the transfer, you would become an employee of Jabil, and your employment would be governed by Jabil’s employment processes, programs, policies and benefit plans, as applicable.
The Quality Assurance Specialist works under the direction of the Quality Assurance Organization and is responsible for providing direct support to the QA team and Operational Functions to achieve quality, efficiency, and cost targets, while ensuring compliance to all applicable standards.
• Quality Assurance resource supporting activities and initiatives related but not limited to operational functions and materials control. For example, involvement in activities related to re-work, in process inspections, document / records reviews and product release.
• Support and serve as a resource for quality issues including but not limited to nonconformance failure investigations, assisting in establishing scope or extent of nonconformance (bounding/bracketing), assist in determination / completion of risk assessment, rework activities and product release.
• Provide Quality Assurance support for EES-Albuquerque operations.
• Maintain knowledge of all procedures, change to specifications (Process, Training Manuals, Material Specifications, etc.), and regulations related to their area of responsibility.
• Maintain process knowledge for the assigned area of responsibility.
• Handle varying circumstances and changing conditions as multiple situations may have to be addressed at the same time.
• Follow all company safety policies and other safety precautions within the work area.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
• A minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience is required
• A minimum of one (1) year of medical device or similar industry experience is preferred.
• Quality Assurance work knowledge is a plus.
• Experience working in an FDA regulated manufacturing facility is preferred.
• Basic computers skills (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite) is preferred.
• These positions are located in Albuquerque, NM and require a daily commute for either the 2nd shift or 3rd shift Monday – Friday.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
United States-New Mexico-Albuquerque-
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)