Johnson & Johnson Careers
Operations Project Manager
Warsaw, Indiana; Raynham, Massachusetts; Raynham, Massachusetts
Requisition ID: 8465180905
DePuy Synthes is recruiting for an Operations Project Manager based in Raynham, MA, with considerations for Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive Orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of Joint Reconstruction, Trauma, Spine, Sports Medicine, Neurological, Craniomaxillofacial, Power Tools and Biomaterials. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
• Provide project-based operations leadership to cross-functional supply chain teams on Orthopedic new product development (NPD) project core teams.
• Organize and drive cross-functional supply chain workstreams to develop and communicate supply and launch commitments for specific NPI programs at the core and leadership team levels.
• Provide team resource and skill assessments for NPD projects to ensure optimal project staffing with a focus on securing and maintaining appropriate cross-functional supply chain support.
• Establish and lead cross-functional team meetings as need on assigned projects
• Coordinate with supporting team the fabrication of instruments for design concepts, surgeon review r sessions, and surgical evaluations as well as final sourcing for launch.
• Develop and execute comprehensive, cost-effective manufacturing and sourcing strategies, including manufacturing site and supplier selections for new products.
• Oversee the integration of supply chain activities as related to new products to ensure seamless product launches
• Interface with our internal manufacturing plants (both US and OUS locations) and external suppliers to manage the transfer of new products from development into steady-state manufacturing
• Ensure compliance and optimal execution of all process validation and inspection activities required for new products
• Work closely with Project management, quality, and R&D on managing project and supplier alignment and accountability throughout design transfer, supplier qualification and production development activities. -
• Develop and manage operations capital and expense budgets relating funding for assigned NPD projects
• Coordinate with supporting teams to help align NPI projects and supply chain to new manufacturing technologies.
• Coordinate design, functional, and cost-improvement concepting and brainstorming exercises with GDC teammates and internal NPD and Front-End concept teams
• Lead and deploy Supply Chain Readiness (SCR), TDR, and cost management methodologies throughout the NPI stage gate process to align SC readiness with NPI stage gate deliverables.
• Participate in surgeon meetings and cadaver sessions as needed to maintain appropriate alignment of SC team with wider NPI program.
• Identify and implement methods to effectively streamline and optimize our NPD process.
• Perform project planning, developing timelines and identifying key milestones
• Actively participate in associated sourcing related activities as needed for specific projects including production reviews, pre-production meetings and supplier facility visits.
• Maintain compliance with all company policies regarding all safety, quality, and environmental issues.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required; Focus degree in engineering or MS preferred.
• Minimum 8 years’ relevant experience required
• Direct experience in supply chain, sourcing, manufacturing, and/or manufacturing engineering and in support of NPI (new product introductions) is preferred
• Leadership experience in managing technical projects is required
• Supply Chain experience within a regulated environment required
• Comprehensive quality compliance knowledge and/or knowledge of GMP systems preferred
• Knowledge of Medical Device and/or Healthcare industry preferred
• Knowledge of financial accounting and analysis methods to assess product standard costs, project values, and capital requirements is preferred
• Demonstrated business partner and ability to bring together multi-disciplined team members in-order-to achieve goals required
• Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
• This role will require up to 20% domestic travel
North America-United States-Massachusetts-Raynham, United States-Massachusetts-Raynham
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)