Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 8457190313
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a Johnson & Johnson Company, is hiring a Scientist, to be located in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The candidate for this position will be member of a team responsible for developing viral products. As a member of the team the candidate will contribute to the design and development of the testing strategy for raw materials, cell line characterization and unprocessed bulk to current industry standards and/or best practices. The candidate will provide technical review of test reports, test methods and resolve issues with external testing laboratories. Candidate may also manage direct reports. May act as a liaison with manufacturing sites quality control to provide technical oversight for clinical and commercial products. Knowledge of cell and gene therapy manufacturing and testing preferred. The candidate is expected to work in a team environment as well as contributing individually to meet project timeline and objectives. Responsibilities also include maintaining an awareness of current issues in adventitious virus testing for biopharmaceuticals, supporting quality events, and contributing to technology transfer to collaboration partners.
The position requires expertise in virology, including familiarity with classical cell culture, nucleic acid testing methods and viral detection systems as the position may require experimentation in the laboratory. The candidate may act as a mentor, advisor and technical subject matter expert to others in the company.
- A minimum of a B.S. degree with at least 12 years of experience performing progressively advanced duties OR a M.S. degree with at least 6 years of experience performing progressively advanced duties OR a Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) in Virology or Biology or Biochemistry with 0-3 years post-doctoral experience.
- Knowledge and hands on experience in gene therapy and virology are required.
- Knowledge and hands on experience working with AAV is highly preferred.
- Experience working in a GLP/GMP environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of upstream and downstream processes including virus purification are preferred.
- The candidate must be highly organized and capable of managing/pursuing multiple projects independently.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Experience maintaining written records of work in the form of (electronic) notebooks, technical reports and protocols is required.
- Data reporting, ability to present findings to management, and experience with team-based collaborations is required.
- Occasional weekend work is required.
- Travel requirements: Up to 10%.
Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)