Johnson & Johnson Careers
Franchise Medical Director Spine
Requisition ID: 8452190228
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.\
The Franchise Medical Director,DePuy Synthes Spine is a key executional partner with colleagues in spine product development, by providing authoritative medical and scientific input to external opportunity assessments and internal product ideation & development, including conceptual and hands-on product evaluation as well as medical and clinical research insights. This role also collaborates closely with the medical operations teams throughout the product lifecycle. In addition, the Franchise Medical Director delivers both medical and clinical perspectives/expertise to the spine product development teams. Critical to this role is the risk assessment review for new products and providing the patient and physician perspective to the development cadence.
The Franchise Medical Director may also assist with external and Business Development opportunity assessments.The Franchise Medical Director is a key executional partner with colleagues in spine product development, by providing authoritative medical and scientific input to external opportunity assessments and internal product ideation & development, including conceptual and hands-on product evaluation as well as medical and clinical research insights. This role also collaborates closely with the medical operations teams throughout the product lifecycle. In addition, the Franchise Medical Director delivers both medical and clinical perspectives/expertise to the spine product development teams. Critical to this role is the risk assessment review for new products and providing the patient and physician perspective to the development cadence. The Franchise Medical Director may also assist with external and Business Development opportunity assessments.
- We are searching for a top-tier surgeon executive leader with the unique combination of spine surgical experience (10+ years) as well as significant people and interpersonal leadership know how demonstrating evidence of business insights, team collaboration and product development skills. Critical competencies would include excellent written and verbal communication. This leader is a strong strategic thinker able to connect and articulate the global business strategy. This includes craftsmanship to translate strategy to execution and drive the organization forward in executing and delivering results. This leadership role is goal oriented for those who commit to stretch results with sound business skills, including financial acumen and business planning. An equitable decision-maker with the ability to build and cultivate strong, positive relationships with business leadership and partners in R&D, Safety, Supply Chain, Regulatory Affairs, Global Strategic Marketing, Health Economics & Market Access and Quality functional groups. Ability to foster relationships within the J&J enterprise, as well as networking external to J&J.
- Collaborates with evidence generation colleagues from Pre-Clinical & Clinical Research and Real-World Evidence (RWE) teams as they develop global strategies for evidence generation for new and existing products to support regulatory approval/clearance, health technology assessment, customer access and post-marketing support.
- Provides domain expertise to support Medical Safety and Quality when needed in the evaluation of Post-market Surveillance data or Adverse Events
- Provides medical expertise for clinical trial concept, design, analysis and reporting of Pre-Clinical and Clinical research in assigned areas
- May perform the role of medical monitor for certain company sponsored pre-approval clinical studies
- Provides cross functional support to Lifecycle Management teams for copy approval and medical information requests
- Provides medical oversight to develop Communications and Marketing (press releases, social medial posts, surgical technique guides, course content, internal and external training collateral, etc.) materials.
- Accountable for the medical content of internal product documentation and regulatory submissions for new products and for renewals.
- Approves Design History Files, Surgical Technique Guides and Clinical Evaluation Reports (CERs) as part of the creation of product-specific design dossiers/technical files.
- A Neurological/Orthopedic Spine Surgeon with the ability to transition away from clinical practice, yet maintain primary specialty board certification is required.
- A minimum of 10 years meaningful clinical (operative and nonoperative) experience beyond post graduate medical education (beyond initial licensure) including: specialty residency, fellowship or subspecialty training (Comprehensive, Deformity, or Minimally Invasive Spine) is required.
- A current medical license (any one of the 50 United States) and ability to maintain continuous licensure moving forward is required.
- Experience in dedicated basic science or clinical research, business programmatic development, hospital / health system leadership experience or other related advanced training/experience is strongly preferred.
- A graduate business degree (MBA, MMM, MHA, MHCSD) strongly preferred
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to build successful relationships with internal and external partners globally
- Strong communication skills are needed to collaborate well with multiple partners and work effectively in a highly matrixed work environment.
- Previous industry experience in a regulated, commercial biomedical or medical device business is particularly desired
- Experience with medical regulatory processes, product risk evaluation and mitigation are preferred.
- Facility computer platforms, database management and electronic health records preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)