Johnson & Johnson Careers
SOLUTION DEVELOPMENT TEAM LEAD
Requisition ID: 8442180730
The Solution Development Team Leader (SDTL) is responsible for development and execution of the solution strategy for a selected product, which could include a molecular entity, a drug/device combination, or other combinations of products necessary to deliver against the agreed TPP. In addition, they will be responsible for the operational implementation, delivered through the effective leadership of a cross-functional and cross-sector Solution Development Team (SDT). The SDTL is accountable for Phase 1-3 program related to the solution development program. The SDTL leads the team to develop solutions in a timely and cost effective manner, and is responsible for the execution of the overall solution strategy. Team leadership via matrix interactions includes individuals from the World Without Disease Area Venture, global regulatory affairs, project management, finance, legal, quality assurance, and other key functions from the different sectors as relevant.
- Actively contributes to Solution Strategy decision-making by providing relevant research, analysis, and expertise
- Leads the development and maintenance of the project plan
- Manages successful cross-functional and cross-sector execution of the project plan through negotiating with key function and support heads about functional deliverables
- Aligns the SDT to achieve its goals through the networks of people/functions represented on the team
- Identifies issues and leads contingency planning
- Leads resolution of issues at the SDT, DAV and WWD governance committees and senior management levels
- Leads SDT problem-solving and provide decision-making tools and techniques
- Leads the communication of strategy and plans to the DAV and WWD governance committees, development partners, and other key stakeholders
- Identifies critical risks and assumptions and transparently communicate them to the SDT, functions, DAV & WWD governance committees
- Works with DAV Leadership Team to develop solution strategy
- Accountable for the budget for the solution
- Works with Function heads and DAV Leader to
- Select SDT members
- set Goals and Objectives for SDT members
- Mentor and guide SDT members
- Provide input for performance evaluation of SDT members
- Execute the program and manage deliverables & financials
This is not an exhaustive, comprehensive listing of job functions. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced Degree (Ph.D., M.D., M.B.A.) highly desirable.
- A minimum of ten years of pharmaceutical industry or related experience overall and/or a minimum of five to seven years of drug development or related experience with the following competencies.
- Experience in a leadership role within a multi-functional R&D organization.
- Ability to integrate all cross functional disciplines into a successful strategy and project plan.
- Understanding of requirements for successful commercialization of a new product.
- Expert knowledge of the drug development process and the competitive environment.
- Strong problem solving skills for developing creative solutions and meeting project objective.
- Demonstrated influence, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, including the ability to influence without clear reporting authority.
- Significant work experience in a leadership position in a team matrix.environment.
- Strong planning and tracking skills.
- Demonstrated ability of strategic thinking and contingency planning with respect for Janssen Research & Development (JRD) objectives.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)