Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, U.S. Academic Sales - Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc.
Requisition ID: 8438180730
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Manager, U.S. Academic Sales to cover the U.S.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery with, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Leader in Premium IOL and TECNIS brand. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Manager, U.S. Academic Sales will:
- Be responsible for leading U.S. Cataract business in targeted Academic programs who train Resident Ophthalmologists.
- Lead a team of 7+ Key Account Managers (KAMs) who are responsible for both sales quota and MBO directives related to ensuring Resident & Fellow Ophthalmologists in training know how to use J&J Vision products.
- Coordinates educational events with KAM team (Wet-Lab, Didactive programs)
- Ensure balanced selling across all J&J Vision product categories to meet assigned sales objectives.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of Cataract Surgery & all J&J Vision Cataract products used in surgery.
- Work within an assigned budget, allocate accordingly with team to ensure compliance with applicable corporate goals, policies, and procedures.
- Employs innovative thinking, and constantly looking for new methods to improve the Academic Program.
- Recruit, hire, & Train high level talent that succeed in the KAM role.
- Work across other business groups (Cataract, Refractive, and Tear Science) to leverage new business opportunities.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required.
- A valid driver’s license in the U.S. is required.
- At least Five (5) years of previous OR/Surgical Device sales experience is required.
- At least Three (3) years of experience leading successful teams is required.
- Experience managing performance through setting expectations, managing goals, developing talent and aligning resources is required.
- Knowledge of Capital and Consumable selling cycles and processes is required.
- Experience working in an Operating Room and familiarity with OR etiquette is required.
- Proven ability to consistently meet and attain Quota is required.
- The ability to travel at least 60% throughout the US, including overnights and weekends is required.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of the Surgical Cataract Business; which includes: IOL,s OVD, Phaco is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience selling Capital Equipment and/or Consumable products is preferred.
- Ophthalmology sales experience is highly preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
North America-United States-Illinois-Chicago, North America-United States-Texas-Dallas, North America-United States-Georgia-Atlanta, North America-United States-Texas-Houston, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, North America-United States-New York-New York, North America-United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
AMO Sales and Services, Inc. (6238)