Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Drug Discovery Data Management
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 8425190228
Janssen Research and Development, LLC, a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Drug Discovery Data Management, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Discovery Sciences (DS) is a global organization that enables small molecule discovery for Janssen R&D, including functions such as medicinal chemistry, assay development, high throughput screening, compound profiling and computational sciences. The Data Operations team in Core Business Services safeguards the Discovery Sciences end-to-end data flows in order to enable timely decision-making and improve the value of the data. The team is doing this by guiding the scientists through the data applications and the data processes and by partnering with R&D-IT to optimize the data landscape, using a global, cross-functional mindset. The team is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Drug Discovery Data Management, located in Spring House.
• Actively engage and participate in the global Data Operations team to support DS scientists in data management related aspects of their daily work
• Become the Data Operations liaison for one or more global DS functions
• Identify gaps and implement solutions in the DS processes and data flows to reduce cycle times, deliver high quality data and enable timely decision-making
• Develop a strategy to deliver upon business data needs in line with DPDS (Discovery, Product Development and Supply) data strategy and priorities; actively participate in one or more DPDS data strategy workstreams
• Enable efficient, globally aligned data systems and processes to cultivate collaboration across the teams and functions
• Enable data handling in line with good data management and data integrity practices, provide/organize training for data management and reporting tools, promote the implementation of global J&J practices
• Become the business owner of one or more data applications, build an active, global user community, identify gaps and opportunity for improvements, lead the change
• Improve collaboration and data sharing with internal and external partners
• Champion data FAIRification across DS
• Build a strong partnership with R&D IT, represent DS in cross-functional IT projects, link between the scientists and IT professionals, bring business process insights and represent DS organization in strategic R&D IT projects
• Build a strong network with DS decision makers and with DS scientists to understand the business needs and expectations
• Design and provide tools, dashboards and visualizations to enable quality control and compliance, and to facilitate insights for decision making
• Drive innovation and change, share and bring best practices
• A minimum of a Master’s degree is required, preferably in Computer Science, Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related discipline. PhD degree is preferred. A minimum of 8-10 years of relevant industry experience in drug discovery is required.
• Experience in working at the interface between systems and business is preferred.
• Strong background in one or more of Discovery Sciences core activities (Medicinal Chemistry, Lead Discovery, Computational Sciences, DMPK) is preferred.
• Working knowledge of data integration and warehousing is preferred.
• Familiarity with large datasets, understanding of data processing and analysis workflows, and/or knowledge of querying languages such as SQL is preferred.
• Proficient with one or more programming languages such as Python, R, C++, or Java is preferred.
• Experience with visualization software/tools such as R, Spotfire, Tableau, etc. is preferred.
• Understanding of master data management principles and processes is preferred.
• Experience in data handling in external collaborations is preferred.
• Must have strong personal leadership with demonstrated competency working with all levels of the organization including senior leaders
• Big picture oriented with attention to details is required.
• Experience working in a global environment in cross-functional teams is preferred.
• This role is based in Spring House, PA and may require up to 10% international and domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)