Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Principal Scientist, located in Boston, MA
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Principal Scientist will use cutting-edge bioinformatic approaches to integrate and analyze multi-omic datasets (Transcriptomic, Single-cell/nuclear, Metabolomic, Proteomics, Genetic) from preclinical studies, clinical samples, and real-world datasets to identify mechanisms of disease in Diabetic complications for therapeutic development. They will collaborate with therapeutic area biologists in drug discovery for diabetic complications to advance our understanding of emerging therapeutic targets and nominate new targets and in -silico derived biomarkers for emerging programs. They will also develop custom algorithms to supplement existing open-source methods for large-scale data analysis, machine learning, data mining and interpretation.
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Systems Biology, Genetics or similar discipline with at least 4 years of experience in an industry research environment is required
- Postdoctoral experience preferred
- A strong understanding of high-dimensional human data, transcriptomics, human genetics and methods of generating and analyzing data is required
- Strong computer programming skills and experience with common bioinformatics programming languages (e.g. Python, R, Bash) as well as package, dependency and environment management tools is required
- Familiarity with Cardiovascular, Diabetes & Metabolism research and biology, target identification and therapeutic development is preferred
- Knowledge of biological mechanisms and application of computational biology methods (preferably in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry) is preferred
- Ability to write manuscripts for publication and has maintained a record of high-quality peer reviewed publications and oral presentations in a relevant field
- Understanding of the overall process of drug discovery and development is preferred
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)