Auris Health Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Staff Systems Engineer – System Safety Architecture Analyst, located in Redwood City, CA.
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/.
Systems Engineer – System Safety Architecture Analyst, will support the
development of Auris’ most advanced robotic surgical system. The primary
responsibility of this position is analyzing the system safety architecture
from a workflow perspective and working with the software team to ensure that
the robot state machine has been implemented appropriate safety interlocks. The
system safety architecture analyst will also work with other subsystem
engineers to develop workflow design documents to capture safety requirements.
- Analyze and manage workflow diagrams for safety impact
- Develop and maintain master truth table for system safety
- Propose new safety related design input requirements
- Serve as a liaison between systems engineering and software engineering to coordinate changes to software state machine and update system and software requirements
- Read and understand state machine source code for review purposes
- Work with hardware engineering design teams to update workflow diagrams and transfer ownership to systems engineering
- Contribute to system design description documents
- Participate in system verification activities
- Other related duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Robotics, Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, Biomedical, or any other related discipline
- 6+ years working experience in Systems Engineering or other relevant complex systems
- Familiarity with software and ability to read code is required (C/C++, Python, C#)
- Experience with Safety Analysis and/or Risk Mitigation is required
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities on multiple tasks and guide or mentor others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820
- Ability to meet up to10% travel requirement, international and domestic
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)