Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, Molecular Virologist
Requisition ID: 8405180730
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a Johnson and Johnson Company is hiring a Senior Scientist, Molecular Virologist within the Infectious Diseases Early Discovery team, to be located in South San Francisco, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
We are seeking a highly motivated and productive Senior Scientist, Molecular Virologist with a background in molecular virology and vaccinology to join our drug discovery efforts in immunotherapeutic approaches for treating infectious diseases. The ideal candidate will have experience in establishing RNA vaccine platforms using virus or synthetic RNA based approaches to treat chronic viral infections. Furthermore, the candidate will have experience in AAV based gene therapy technologies. The candidate will work with a high degree of autonomy to create and manage complex research plans that are data-driven, coordinate with project teams to accomplish study objectives, drive scientific discussions with colleagues and manage interactions with internal and external partners.
- Identifies, originates, and executes new project ideas with respect to vaccine & gene therapy strategies
- Design and conduct hypothesis-driven in vivo studies to evaluate the efficacy of novel vaccine or gene therapy approaches
- Develop data-driven research concepts and identify novel projects/solutions
- Identify potential areas for improvement in existing practices and propose recommendations
- Drive collaborative research interactions across teams
- Work productively as a team member as well as independently
- PhD with post-doctoral experience and 3+ years of industry experience is required
- Experience in molecular virology, vaccinology and/or gene therapy is required
- Familiar with virus purification/concentration methodologies is preferred
- Proficient in designing and engineering cellular assays using cell lines or primary cells is preferred
- Experience in chimeric virus generation preferred
- Expertise in working with different RNA viruses desirable
- Presents data and recommendations to outside consultants, at in-house research forums and at outside professional meetings is preferred
- Publication history and strong written and oral skills is required
- Proficiency in data analysis and presentation tools such as Vector NTI, Lasergene, GraphPad Prism, Excel
United States-California-South San Francisco
Alios BioPharma, Inc. (6224)