Johnson & Johnson Careers
Technical Writer Co-op (Fall 2018. 8or 12 months)
Requisition ID: 8405180409
Johnson & Johnson’s brands are household names in Canada and around the world. In just about any home in the country, you’ll be able to find a J&J brand: Tylenol®, Neutrogena®, Johnson’s Baby®, and Acuvue® to name a few. At J&J, our organization is focused on innovation and bringing real value to Canadian consumers in the health care industry, as a leader in Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Healthcare and Medical Devices.
Our McNeil Manufacturing Plant located in Guelph is looking for a current student to join us on our mission as a Technical Writer Co-op beginning Sept 2018 for an 8, or 12 month work term.
As a member of the Technical Operations team, this individual will provide technical writing support to project activities under the guidance of the current Technical Writing staff. Technical writing support to other teams within the Technical Operations and support to the filing and maintenance of R&D documentation systems will also be required.
The Technical Writer is responsible for the preparation of accurate and complete scientific documentation for all aspects of the Technical Operations product development lifecycle from bench-scale to commercialization, both from a manufacturing process/formulation development perspective as well as the analytical chemistry elements. The role requires some fundamental understanding of Technical Operations processes to assist in the evaluation/interpretation of scientific data and trends to form and document resulting conclusions. The role also entails maintenance and management of systems for indexing, storage, and archiving of all scientific documents. Some laboratory GMP activities will also be required.
Sound like your kind of challenge? Here's what we're looking for:
• You should be currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree program, and eligible to complete an 8-month co-op term at our Guelph manufacturing location (McNeil), beginning in Sept 2018.
• Some working knowledge of the USP (United States Pharmacopeia) would be a huge plus.
• Strong consideration will be given if you have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Minitab.
• Prior experience with a food, or pharmaceutical industry would be considered a definite asset.
• Basic knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Documentation Practices.
• Ability to work both independently or as an integral member of the team
• Good verbal and written interpersonal skills.
• Good technical comprehension and computer skills (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Proven problem solving and multitasking capabilities.
• You should enjoy working to multiple deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment.
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)