Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
PACKAGE DEVELOPMENT COOP
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 8391180105
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 275 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 128,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Co-op in Packaging Engineering, you will have opportunities to interact with DePuy Synthes Product Development, Regulatory, Sterility Assurance, Labeling Technology, Manufacturing and other J&J Operating Companies. This position requires a person who is enthusiastic, willing to learn, and tenacious, as well as professional and articulate. You will be assigned to specific projects under the supervision of a packaging engineer to perform a variety of duties including:
- Design and develop packaging for metallic, non-metallic, and biologic products.
- Build working relationships with Product Directors, PD Engineers, Manufacturing, Regulatory Affairs, Sterility Assurance and others to develop product packaging requirements and concepts.
- Responsible for technical aspects of packaging from product concept through market introduction.
- Interact with outside suppliers for packaging design development, evaluation, and testing.
- Support Manufacturing Operations with the implementation of packaging.
- Document all packaging and labeling design, development, and testing to comply with FDA design control regulations.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one’s job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- You must be enrolled (not necessarily taking classes) in an accredited college/university.
- Candidates must be pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Packaging Engineering.
- Candidate must be available to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the Co-op session. Only students that have completed their freshman year or above will be considered.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred. Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in campus/community service activities are desired.
- Fluency in English is required, good knowledge of German would be a strong asset
- Team Player with an creative attitude
- Problem solving Skills and ability to work independently is required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)