Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
PRECLINICAL ADVANCED MODELING POST DOC
Requisition ID: 8390170420
Medical Device Business Services, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Preclinical Postdoctoral Associate. MDBS is the name given to the core services group for Johnson & Johnson’s medical device companies, including DePuy-Synthes, Ethicon, and Biosense-Webster. These companies develop and market a diverse portfolio of products in a broad range of therapeutic areas.
The Postdoctoral Associate is offered by the Advanced Modeling group within the Preclinical Center of Excellence. The Advanced Modeling group seeks to replace in-vivo models with physiologically relevant ex-vivo models, refine existing preclinical models, and apply new tools and techniques to medical device development. The Post-doc program is focused on providing a recent doctoral recipient with practical industrial scientific and preclinical experience. The appointment is for two years.
The Advanced Modeling Postdoctoral Associate will:
- develop and implement physiologically relevant ex-vivo models of energy based vessel seals.
- advance the basic science and understanding of vessel sealing.
- work collaboratively with advanced modeling and preclinical staff supporting ongoing projects, particularly in the areas of surgical stapling, surgical sealants, and hemostasis.
- participate in ongoing project team meetings, preparation of abstracts and manuscripts.
- A BS in electrical, mechanical, or biomedical engineering required. A PhD in biomedical engineering or related discipline is required.
- Ability to design, conduct, and interpret individual experiments as part of a larger program.
- Demonstrated ability in mechanical testing / characterization of biological tissues.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Demonstrated leadership is required.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office and have strong oral and written communication skills. Additional technical competencies in data collection tools (e.g. LabView) and analysis tools (e.g. Matlab) are highly desirable, as is experience with PubMed databases and other literature databases.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)