Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager Brand PR Strategy
Requisition ID: 8386181129
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (Canada) is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager of Brand PR Strategy to support the Self-Care, Health-E, Baby, and Beauty portfolio in Canada.
Johnson & Johnson touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct need states: Baby Care, Oral Care, Wound Care, Beauty, and Self Care products.
• Serve as senior point of contact for all PR strategies and collaborate with other communications colleagues (e.g., global, external stakeholder, content, corporate, etc.) to provide strategic Communications leadership to the Canadian Consumer organization and its portfolio of Self Care, Health-E, Baby, and Beauty brands.
• Partner with Market Units to lead Brand PR and influencer strategies, as well as partner on issues/crisis communication programming with Corporate Communications colleagues in Canada and the Global Public Affairs and Stakeholder Engagement team.
• Promote and protect Johnson & Johnson trust and reputation and brand equities.
• Maintain a strong understanding of the Canadian media landscape (traditional and digital) including key Canadian media and stakeholders, emerging trends and opportunities to differentiate our brands through innovative PR approaches.
• Partner with internal Digital Marketing colleagues to develop integrated Influencer strategies and programs.
• Maintain a deep understanding of business priorities and priority/growth brands and their competitive categories, consistently engage in discussions with brand teams and work to identify leading, breakthrough, and proactive PR opportunities.
• Liaise with Global and Regional PR colleagues to identify opportunities to leverage programs and key learnings from other markets.
• Act as the senior point of contact with all PR agencies, nurturing strategic relationships aligned to business objectives and supporting/monitoring effective day-to-day interactions with Market Units.
• Deploy measurement tools and guidance to PR agencies and Market Units and ensure PR and Influencer results are aligned with business objectives. Lead the PR agency evaluation process and deliver annual evaluation results to each. When necessary, lead the process to identify and retain new PR agencies.
• Collaborate with other Brand Public Relations and Consumer Sector public relations colleagues as it relates to larger sector-wide communications opportunities for external and internal stakeholders.
• Maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional internal and external partners (e.g., marketing, professional, R&D, sales, digital, social, e-commerce, etc.).
• Role model effective counsel to business leaders by listening, understanding and providing credible expertise, relevant insights and transparent feedback.
• Model a healthy Enterprise culture by championing and facilitating a Diversity and Inclusion mindset that aligns with Our Credo and Leadership Imperatives.
• Extend external visibility for Canadian business leaders and prepare leaders for media opportunities and external events
• Work with Corporate Communications colleagues to incorporate brand activations into internal communications tactics to engage/excite employees.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Minimum 8 years of experience in Communications with expertise developing and delivering Brand PR strategy for consumer packaged-goods brands within a corporate or public relations agency environment, with a focus on OTC or beauty brands.
• Demonstrated track record of aligning Brand PR strategy to business objectives.
• Proven ability to develop successful working relationships with senior executives and to work in a fast-paced, agile structure.
• Significant experience dealing with national and local media, trade and social media, and/or professional/trade and third-party organizations required.
• Significant experience working in a digital media environment and across the landscape of Influencers in Canada.
• Experience working in a matrix environment and driving results through influence.
• Expert judgement in critical decision-making on issues impacting reputation and is sought after as a trusted advisor.
• Exceptional writing and communication skills.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)