Johnson & Johnson Careers
District Manager – Infectious Disease, HIV (New York City District) – Janssen Biotech, Inc.
Requisition ID: 8386180730
Janssen Biotech, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a District Manager, Infectious Disease, HIV (New York City District) for the Infectious Disease Franchise. This district includes Long Island, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Uptown-, Midtown-, and Lower Manhattan.
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in HIV and other infectious diseases. Driven by our commitment to patients, we develop innovative products, services and healthcare solutions to help people throughout the world. Headquartered in Titusville, New Jersey, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Division of Janssen Products, LP, is one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies. Please visit http://www.janssentherapeutics.com for more information.
Recognized as one of the companies at the forefront of HIV research, Janssen Pharmaceuticals currently promotes HIV and other infectious diseases products. The company also has an anti-TB compound in development and several active discovery programs in HIV, HCV and other life-threatening infectious diseases.
The District Manager - Infectious Disease, HIV will:
- Report to the Regional Business Director and will lead a team of Infectious Disease Sales Specialists and Account Managers by conducting field sessions to train, coach, and motivate to achieve annual sales goals and other business objectives.
- Executing District meetings to direct and communicate company strategies, motivate the team, and build an effective district team.
- Setting clear performance standards, holding people accountable for results, and tracking and analyzing territory/district progress toward sales goals and objectives with field reps.
- Identify and recommend the need for territory realignment and deployment based on business opportunities.
- Have knowledge of the disease state related to Janssen's Virology products and be able to leverage this information and business insights to support sales people and other direct reports in the field.
- Access and reimbursement process and landscape for their geography.
- Recruit, select, and hire qualified and diverse sales force through use of J&J approved process for selection.
- Develop training schedules and create 90-Day New Hire plans with field trainers and sales training to ensure representatives demonstrate proficiency in all areas outlined in the Phase I-II field training agenda.
- Manage expenses, budgets, compensation, and policies, as well as promote the business value of diverse perspectives, ideas, backgrounds, styles, and cultures
- Establish and maintain relationships with key decision makers in geographical area, as well as assisting with the development of sales strategies and plans to achieve sales goals on assigned geographical accounts
- Meet business needs, facilitate product pull through, and provide business intelligence to marketing and sales colleagues (e.g. assessing risks and opportunities, improving district strategy, spotting emerging key accounts).
- Built teamwork through effective communications at the District and Regional levels to optimize sales results, serving as lead coordinator and member of District Council Teams (Accounts Manager and others), and actively facilitate knowledge sharing and best practices.
- A Bachelor's degree is required
- Candidates must have a valid driver's license issued in one of the 50 States;
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant sales experience is required (Pharmaceutical selling or Medical Device selling is preferred)
- Demonstrated leadership performance and competencies is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of management and/or supervisory experience or successful completion of a J&J Management Development program (Field Development Program, DM Prep Program) is required
- Experience in launching and/or selling in the anti-retroviral, anti-infective, or HIV-related specialty space is preferred
- Experience in Institutional selling is preferred
- Candidates must satisfy reasonable credentialing requirements, including, but not limited to TB tests, Hepatitis B vaccine, MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) and Varicella (chicken pox)
- Candidates must live in the geography or be willing to relocate to it
- Candidates must possess the ability to travel as necessary, (which may include overnight and/or weekend travel)
United States-New York-
Janssen Biotech, Inc. (6014)