Johnson & Johnson Careers
Data Scientist - Immunology Biomarkers
Requisition ID: 8381181128
Janssen Research & Development L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's family of companies, is recruiting for a Data Scientist - Immunology Biomarkers position located in Spring House, PA.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas include novel therapeutics in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine.
We are seeking a highly motivated and innovative computational scientist to join the Immunology Biomarkers. Our team focuses on biomarker identification, development, and application across diseases and Therapeutic Areas involving IL23 and related pathway(s). We use proteomic, genomic, microbiome, and transcriptomic approaches on clinical trial samples to support development of portfolio programs, mechanism of action studies, and patient stratification rationale. As a Scientist, you will have the opportunity to work with other team members to integrate learnings and communicate findings to the broader team. You will also manage and establish collaborations with key external partners such as research groups in academia, biotech, or contracted research organizations. The successful candidate will be able to work effectively in a highly dynamic environment and interact comfortably with scientists from Biomarkers, Discovery, Clinical Development, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, and Commercial teams.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Have significant research experience in systems biology analyses.
- Analyze internal and external -omic data sets to develop and discover novel biomarkers
- Collaborate across the Janssen therapeutic areas when appropriate
- The ideal candidate will hold a PhD in Data science or similar discipline with expertise in Computational Biology, Systems Biology, or Statistics with 3 years of post-doctoral experience in academic or industry setting.
- The candidate must have strong communication skills and have the ability to effectively work on a diverse, interdisciplinary team.
- Experience with high content data analysis, (e.g. RNAseq, microbiome), and proteomic data is required.
- Subject matter familiarity with a biological field (e.g. immunology, oncology, or neuroscience) is required.
- Proficiency in standard analytical platforms (e.g. R, Bioconductor, Matlab) and programming (e.g. Python, C++) is required.
- Experience in the integration of –omics datasets and expertise in predictive algorithms, biomarker discovery is a plus.
- The candidate should have expertise in data QC and will closely interface with lab personnel to ensure efficient flow of data and understanding of experiments to maximize efficiency.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)