Associate Director, Translational Medicine
Your job alert was successfully created.
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Director, Translational Medicine to be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Associate Director, Translational Medicine (TM), will be a program and experimental medicine leader in the Immunology Translational Science and Medicine (TSM). The Associate Director, TM, will contribute to creating and implementing program translational plans that are aligned with TA disease and pathway strategies. Further, the successful candidate will contribute to shaping the strategic vision for programs as well as in creating and implementing experimental medicine studies. This role will partner with translational science to engage in external interactions with academic institutions having strong capabilities in translational studies and with external scientific experts. The Associate Director, TM, may also support Business Development activities including due diligence support. This work will include supporting clinical and scientific aspects of translational studies from Phase 0 through Proof of Concept studies. In this role, the Associate Director, TM, will decisively contribute to accelerating the Immunology pipeline from portfolio entry to Proof-of-Concept (POC).
The position reports into a Senior Director of the Translational Medicine (TM) and group. Within TM, the Associate Director will be part of the Strategic Program Lead group which has primary responsibility within TSM for creating and implementing innovative translational plans for the portfolio assets. TSM is a group within the Immunology Therapeutic Area, consisting of a Translational Medicine and Translational Science (TS). TM has combined expertise in the clinical study of immunologic disease, immunologic pathways and in early clinical trial design and execution. TS has expertise in biomarker development, disease biology research and in the application of immunology and data science technologies to support drug development. Organizationally, TSM serves as a pivtoal bridge between Discovery Research and the later phase Clinical Development group. TSM provides the necessary scientific and clinical expertise to advance an industry-leading pipeline of novel mechanism small molecules and biologic agents to address unmet need in immune-mediated diseases. This position will play a ‘dual role’, contributing both scientific and clinical development expertise to TSM projects.
Responsibilities are as follows:
• Contribute to the design execution of program translational strategies integrating both disease and pathway approaches.
• Contribute to the design and execution of early clinical trials through PoC including experimental medicine studies.
• Support Business Development, including due diligence activities.
• Represent TM on early development teams
• Represent TM for project teams when presenting to portfolio, project and governance meetings
• Lead or participate in cross-functional working groups such as scientific and safety review boards
• Identify and collaborate with academic translational sites to optimize the translational strategy and plans for programs.
• Prepare and/or direct the preparation and review of protocols, clinical study reports and translational medicine sections of Translational plans, IBs, INDs, abstracts, manuscripts, and technical reports.
• Responsible for presentation of results and updates of projects at department, project, corporate and scientific meetings.
• MD or MD/PhD degree is required
• Industry and/or translational research experience is preferred.
• Training in Immunology is strongly preferred.
• Subspecialty medical training in Dermatology, Gastroenterology or Rheumatology is preferred.
• Willingness and ability to travel, including trans-Atlantic travel (up to ~10%) is required.
• Location is Spring House, PA.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Clinical Research MD