Johnson & Johnson Careers
Assembler II (1 of 2)
Requisition ID: 8377180406
Assembler II (1 of 2)
The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Biosense Webster (BWI), Codman Neuro, Mentor, and Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Cardiovascular and Electrophysiology (EP), Neurovascular and Neurosurgery, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and Reprocessing.
Biosense Webster is the global leader in the science of diagnosing and treating heart rhythm disorders and one of the fastest-growing businesses within Johnson & Johnson. Learn more at Biosense Webster at www.biosensewebster.com
Biosense Webster Inc., part of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for two Assembler II’s in Irwindale, California.
Working under close supervision and following detailed verbal and written instructions, performs repetitive bench or line assembly operations to mass-produce medical device products such as catheters and associated subassemblies.
Under general supervision and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and Corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, this position:
• Performs elementary and routine tasks in the preparation for medical device assembly
• Places parts in specified relationship to each other per written documentation
• Assembles products according to approved standard operating procedures (SOPs)
• Operates machines of limited complexity to perform assembly process on assembly line
• Must be proficient at multiple tasks within a work center
• Works on line where tasks vary as different model of same article moves along line
• May conduct quality inspection of own or other's work
• Responsible for meeting or exceeding all established quality standards
• Expected to comply with GMPs, ISO, Safety, SOPs and other manufacturing related documentation
• Maintains clean and orderly workstation
• May train other operators
• May work with engineers on pilot run of assemblies
• May perform assembly of custom products
• May enter 'lot' information into Manufacturing System (PC)
• Properly completes manufacturing documentation
• Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level
• Responsible for ensuring subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition
• Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
• Performs other duties assigned as needed
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
Experiences & Skills:
• Minimum 2 years of related work experience required
• Manufacturing assembly experience required
• Electromechanical or electrical assembly experience preferred
• Soldering, welding, or polyurethane experience preferred
• Medical device experience preferred
• New Product Development, R&D or Pilot Line experience preferred
• Strong documentation skills required
• Ability to work Monday – Friday, 7:00am – 3:30pm with occasional overtime and weekends required
Additional Position Requirements:
• Weekend and overtime work may be required
• The employee is required to wear special garments when working in a clean room environment
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work near moving parts and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
• The noise level may be loud.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hand and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk
• May be required to use a microscope and/or diopter
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)