Johnson & Johnson Careers
PACKAGING DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER CO-OP
Requisition ID: 8368180105
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Packaging Development Engineer Co-op. DePuy Synthes is the largest, most comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of technology, devices, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
As a Co-op in Packaging Engineering, you will have opportunities to interact with DePuy Synthes Product Development, Regulatory, Sterility Assurance, Labeling Technology, Manufacturing and other J&J Operating Companies. This position requires a person who is enthusiastic, willing to learn, and tenacious, as well as professional and articulate.
The Packaging Engineering Co-op will:
- Design and develop packaging for metallic, non-metallic, and biologic products.
- Create and/or update packaging component and assembly drawings and material specifications.
- Build working relationships with Product Directors, Product Development Engineers, Manufacturing, Regulatory Affairs, Sterility Assurance and others to develop product packaging requirements and concepts.
- Responsible for technical aspects of packaging from product concept through market introduction.
- Interact with outside suppliers for packaging design development, evaluation, and testing.
- Support Manufacturing Operations with the implementation of packaging.
- Document all packaging and labeling design, development, and testing to comply with FDA design control regulations.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one’s job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Candidates are required be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Packaging Engineering.
- Candidates are required be available to work Full-time (40 hours/week) during the Co-op session.
- Candidates are required be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in campus/community service activities are preferred.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Proficiency with Auto-Cad is preferred.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)