Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Technical Operations Assistant Co-op - Purchasing (September 2018, 4 or 8 Months)
Requisition ID: 8366180409
Johnson & Johnson’s brands are household names in Canada and around the world. In just about any home in the country, you’ll be able to find a J&J brand: Tylenol®, Neutrogena®, Johnson’s Baby®, and Acuvue® to name a few. At J&J, our organization is focused on innovation and bringing real value to Canadian consumers in the health care industry, as a leader in Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Healthcare and Medical Devices.
Our McNeil Consumer Healthcare manufacturing plant located in Guelph is looking for a current student to join us as a Technical Operations Assistant Co-op (Purchasing) beginning in September 2018, for a 4 or 8 month (preferred) work term.
As a member of the Technical Operations Team this individual will provide support to the Technical Operations Analytical Laboratory. In this capacity, the student will support the general maintenance of lab systems and equipment to ensure facilities remain in a compliant state acceptable to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and assist with activities required for analytical testing of solid dose products. The student will also have some opportunity to participate in and gain exposure to the Technical Operation activities to support the life cycle of Over The Counter (OTC) pharmaceutical products.
• Maintain equipment and lab in good order in accordance with cGMP.
• Source, order, and receive laboratory supplies.
• Handle disposition of chemical waste according to government regulations.
• Ensure integrity of laboratory glassware.
• Prepare various solutions for use in analytical testing.
• Assist with analytical and physical testing of solid dose products.
• Maintain up-to-date and accurate records of all work performed.
• Miscellaneous tasks as required by project owners.
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree program and eligible to complete an 8 month (preferably) or 4 month co-op term at our Guelph manufacturing location (McNeil). Work term begins in Sept 2018.
• Preferred majors: Sciences - Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science, Biology or Biological Sciences, Chemical Engineering.
• Must have completed at least 1 analytical or bio-chemistry related course and comfortable working in a laboratory environment.
• Proven ability to work independently without continuous feedback.
• Strong organizational, documentation and communication skills.
• Someone who takes initiative, has a high level of attention to detail and knows when to seek assistance will be successful in this role.
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)