Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Scientist, Cryo-Electron Microscopy
Requisition ID: 8352180406
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Sr. Scientist, Cryo-Electron Microscopy, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Lead Discovery group is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences (DS) organization in Janssen R&D, and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical starting points needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area (TA) discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular and molecular pharmacology, enzymology, HTS, and structural biology coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners.
Building on a strong legacy of success, we are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as Senior Scientist, Cryo-Electron Microscopy and X-ray Crystallography. The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary group with expertise in molecular biology, high throughput expression optimization, protein biochemistry, NMR, biophysics and X-Ray crystallography with a mission is to provide molecular insights into drug target-ligand interactions to promote discovery efforts across different therapeutic areas.
The Senior Scientist will:
- Bring in-house innovative structural biology technologies, with a focus on Cryogenic Electron Microscopy (cryo-EM) as a method for novel protein structure determination for challenging targets that are intractable via other structural biology techniques
- Design and conduct experiments for all aspects of structure determination by Cryo-EM, including sample preparation, data collection and processing and 3-D model building.
- Be responsible for crystallization of protein-small molecule complexes and determination of high-resolution structures by X-ray crystallography
- Work closely with protein scientists, biophysicists and protein NMR scientists as part of an integrated structural biology effort
- Be a member of drug discovery teams, working closely with computational and medicinal chemists on structure-based drug design approaches for small molecule agent optimization
- Contribute to increasing the structural biology scientific expertise of the group by publishing high-impact research papers and establishing academic collaborations
- Mentor junior scientists and contribute to the strategic planning of the Structural Biology group
- A minimum of a Ph.D. or equivalent is required
- Postdoctoral experience in structural biology or related field is required
- A minimum of 3 years of research experience in single particle cryo-electron microscopy (Cryo-EM) in industry or an academic institution is required
- Deep scientific expertise in structural biology and high-resolution structure determination is required
- Strong experience in protein crystallization is preferred
- Broad knowledge of biophysics, biochemistry, and protein sciences is required
- Knowledge of molecular pharmacology is preferred
- Strong record of external publications and presentations is required
- Experience in scientific programming (Unix shells, Python, Perl), and ability to work with the latest relevant software packages and in a mixed Linux/Windows computational environment is preferred
- Expertise in one or more of the following therapeutic areas: Oncology, Inflammation, Neuroscience, Cardiovascular, and Infectious Diseases is preferred
- Experience in Structure Based Drug Design (SBDD) utilizing X-ray crystallography or Cryo-EM is preferred
- Outstanding written and oral presentation skills is required
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)