Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Technical Service Engineer
Requisition ID: 8344181129
DePuy Synthes, a Johnson & Johnson Company is recruiting for a Senior Technical Service Engineer at the Raynham, MA location.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical device markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease, and improve the quality of life of patients and their loved ones. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, J&J is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.\
As a Senior Technical Service Engineer, you will work with electromechanical capital equipment product development teams to understand the servicing needs of the product and translate them into design requirements. In this role, you will create/execute plans for deployment and ongoing support of service centers within the U.S. as well as support plans for product expansion outside of the U.S.
• Work with R&D, Manufacturing, and Suppliers during product development to ensure delivery of a serviceable product that yields a cost-effective service operation
• Develop troubleshooting guides, training instructions, manuals, and other required documentation to support the service and repair of equipment
• Transfer service operation to global authorized service centers
• Drive quality and process improvements by effectively utilizing Process Excellence tools to improve operations and resolve complex process issues
• Monitor post‐launch service performance ‐ analyzing results, developing a root cause for issues, and implement product or service improvements
• Supporting hardware and software design changes throughout the product lifecycle
Bachelors Degree in Engineering is required, preferably in the area of mechanical, electrical or biomedical engineering
Experience and Skills:
• A minimum of 7+ years of experience applying knowledge of engineering principles required
• Experience in service, R&D, manufacturing or quality is preferred
• Understanding of new product introduction is required
• Project management experience is preferred
• Able to write formal technical and business reports and prepare project plans
• Multi-functional experience within a global matrix environment is preferred
• Experience taking initiative with innovative ways to problem solve in a dynamic, changing business environment is required
• At least 3 years of experience working within a regulated industry is required
• Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices and ISO 13485 is desirable
• Strong technical communication skills and a proven ability to work independently with external suppliers is required
Up to 20% of travel domestically and internationally may be required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Massachusetts-Raynham-325 Paramount Drive
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)