Johnson & Johnson Careers
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 8341190626
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist in Discovery immunology, located in Spring House, PA.
At Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Scientist will be a member of the Immunology Discovery group in a fast paced, highly matrixed and interactive environment. This group is focused on discovering novel therapeutics to treat inflammatory and autoimmune diseases.
Janssen is looking for a motivated individual to join our Spring House-based team and be part of a broader group including members in the Spring House, PA and La Jolla, CA campus focusing on adaptive immune mechanisms and pathways. The primary responsibility will be to actively engage in early discovery efforts by providing scientific leadership as well as designing and executing experiments to support Janssen Immunology discovery strategy. The candidate should have a PhD in Immunology or Molecular/Cell Biology, with a strong background in human cell biology, and 3-5 years of additional experience. The candidate will have direct responsibility for the origination and defense of ideas for new and ongoing projects, the design and prosecution of experimental strategies, closely overseeing the generation, analysis and accurate recording of data in compliance with data integrity requirements, and presentation of findings to peer scientists. The candidate will also possess a strong ability to independently design and implement experiments, interpret data and troubleshoot issues to lead, influence, or contribute to cross-functional teams in a global organization.
• PhD in Immunology or Molecular/Cell Biology with a minimum of 3-5 years of post-doctoral or a combination of post-doctoral and industry is required.
• Experience with human primary cells and human primary cell-based assays is required.
• Previous mentoring and supervision of non-PhD level scientists is required.
• Experience with flow cytometry (immunophenotyping and multiple color), cell population sorting/purification and diverse cell-based assays aiming at analyzing T or B cell responses is highly preferred.
• Experience with molecular mechanisms that confer peripheral tolerance is preferred.
• Experience with autoinflammatory diseases and in vivo disease models is preferred.
• Track record of publications within immunology is preferred.
• Strong written and oral communication skills to diverse audiences including scientific colleagues and leadership and an ability to provide fit-for-purpose communication in the context of a multidisciplinary team are required.
• Position located in Spring House, PA and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)