Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Human Resources, Global Mergers & Acquisitions
Requisition ID: 8329190226
Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. is recruiting for a Director, Human Resources, Global Mergers & Acquisitions, based in New Brunswick, NJ, San Francisco or Irvine, CA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Director, Human Resources, Global Mergers & Acquisitions will establish a multi-faceted HR Discipline for Mergers, Acquisitions & Divestitures that is focused on igniting growth & innovation through an integrated Human Capital approach. You will partner with key stakeholders to identify key people-related business issues, develop innovative ways, evaluate and validate analyses, and develop recommendations to ensure successful transactions. You will act as Deal Lead by partnering with Business Development, business leaders and local HR to evaluate risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Partner with the Head of the HR A&D practice to define a comprehensive strategy supporting the long-term enterprise HR Capital Strategy & Planning strategy and business goals of the Company.
- Drive the development of acquisition and divestiture capabilities across the organization.
- Identify and mitigate acquisition or divestiture -related HR risks and liabilities associated with HR operations, plans and programs, technology, talent and retention, culture, and employment and labor relations.
- Negotiate purchase or sales agreements using agreed negotiation position frameworks.
- Strategic advisor, coordinating and/or performing Financial, Operational, and Strategic HR Due Diligence on buy and sell side transactions.
- Advise on overall people/talent integration as well as HR functional integration, including compensation, benefits, HR operations and technology, HR strategy, talent and culture, HR functional build-up and supporting the broader enterprise-wide integration efforts, including change management, employee experience, organization design, and workforce transition.
- Partner with HR leadership and other key internal partners to inform strategies, consider and integrate feedback, and develop action plans; collaborate with Legal and other partners as needed to ensure compliance with local laws, regulations and contractual obligations.
- Lead communications between HR (e.g. Compensation and Benefits, Talent Management, Business Unit HR) and Business Development and other functions.
- Perform data analytics improve our ability to capture deal value.
- Ensure that comprehensive processes are in place to measure the effectiveness of our strategy and programs.
- Understand customer requirements and define the Key Performance Indicators.
- Utilize benchmarking and industry trend analysis to identify opportunities to introduce new innovative ways to capture deal value.
- Assist with the formation, staffing, and stand-up of HR PMOs in transactions.
- 10+ years of business experience
- 5+ years experience in Human Resources or related field required
- Prior experience working with Acquisitions & Divestitures (i.e., Due Diligence, negotiations, integration/separation planning) required
- Strong business acumen; understanding of key global business trends (e.g., organizational functions, regulatory, legal, economic conditions)
- Prior global business experience preferred
- Strong HR A&D technical analytical skills preferred
- People management experience preferred
- Consulting experience preferred
- Proven ability to think strategically and to translate strategic directives into tactical initiatives
- Proven ability to influence course of action when others are directly accountable for outcome
- Excellent executive presentation skills, able to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely, and able to respectfully question and/or challenge others to think through problems, improvement opportunities, solutions, and plans
- Strong leadership skills; operates as a global leader with understanding and appreciation for regional differences.
- Relationship management, coaching and collaboration skills.
- Proven experience developing authentic partnerships with enterprise business leaders; ability to influence and negotiate
- Makes evidence based decisions; experience leading others in studies that inform talent and organizational decisions.
- This position will be located in New Brunswick, NJ, San Francisco or Irvine, CA and require up 10%.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and
ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-410 George Street
North America-United States-California-San Francisco, United States-California-Irvine
Johnson & Johnson (6067)